Pre-Game Talk: 2017-2018 Stanley Cup Final: (W3) Vegas Golden Knights vs. (E3) Washington Capitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The clock strikes midnight for Cinderella teams eventually, and it has now hit 12:00 am for the Knights. I think the Caps cruise to a fairly easy win tonight...

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Clearly we needed to double down on the cringey stuff. Our problem was that we half assed it.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I gotta admit I am not a fan of Ovi considering his Putin support .

While I certainly understand that, you'll probably find that most Russian hockey players are comfortable with him.

NHL players aren't exactly knowledgeable people as a group and can be very insulated.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I gotta admit, at least you're consistent with disliking people based on their political beliefs, lol.

I have no problem with him believing what he wants to believe and don't think he should face any persecution for it. But if he is going to support (and use his influence to help support) a dictator who has journalists and opponents killed and jailed, invades neighbouring democracies, annexes neighbours lands, carves out puppet states from neighbours, creates division in other countries, and gets involved in foreign elections than I can't support him. I don't hate Ovechkin, but I hate his politics and because of that I choose to support other players more.

Reactions: Back in Black

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yeah...definitely contact with Holtby's leg there. Vegas player wasn't exactly battling to get out of the crease, either. Kinda iffy...could make an arguement to call that one off...but also a bit murky with the D there pushing him.

I'd hate for the game to be decided on that one.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Smith-Pelly actually always steps up in the playoffs it's impressive how good he can be when he's on.

Another guy playing well tonight is Connolly

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
No more Djoos/Orpik tonight, Barry. Ride your top guys the rest of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad