Pre-Game Talk: 2017-2018 Stanley Cup Final: (W3) Vegas Golden Knights vs. (E3) Washington Capitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

pown

We are team
Oct 12, 2013
Ottawa
Yeah i cried

so happy for the caps, oveckhin and their fans, my 2nd favorite team by far just because of all their heartbreaks, long time coming, heres a few shots and beers for you caps fans.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Happy for Ovie, Backstrom and Trotz. All super deserving champions and long time great players and coach.

I remember last season howe much people talked about how the Caps should trade Ovechkin, their greatest player in franchise history and he'd never lead them to the promised land. Something to ponder as a Sens fan.

I'm really disappointed with the trend of how the Conn Smyth is awarded these days though. The award is really losing its allure. It shouldn't be a lifetime achievement award.

Last edited:
Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Congrats to both teams. I’m thankful Pittsburgh didn’t win another this year. Good for Washington for winning their first cup. Good on Vegas for having an incredible first year in the league.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
I remember last season howe much people talked about how the Caps should trade Ovechkin, their greatest player in franchise history and he'd never lead them to the promised land. Something to ponder as a Sens fan.
The Caps are a much better team then the Sens, they have finished top 10 in the league the last 4 seasons. so comparing the Caps to the Sens is like comparing a Ferrari to a Ford Pinto :) Even if we keep Karlsson we are missing to many pieces to really be in the same position as Washington. and we dont have an owner like the Caps who is willing to spend to the cap and bring a cup to Ottawa :(

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
The Caps are a much better team then the Sens, they have finished top 10 in the league the last 4 seasons. so comparing the Caps to the Sens is like comparing a Ferrari to a Ford Pinto :) Even if we keep Karlsson we are missing to many pieces to really be in the same position as Washington. and we dont have an owner like the Caps who is willing to spend to the cap and bring a cup to Ottawa :(
You have a point. Its akin to the trade Alfie cry from the early 2000s. If only he had a goalie like Holtby backing him up and a 1-2 punch of Kuznetsov and Backstrom.

My point was you build around these guys though, not trade them.

Reactions: albator71

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
You have a point. Its akin to the trade Alfie cry from the early 2000s. If only he had a goalie like Holtby backing him up and a 1-2 punch of Kuznetsov and Backstrom.

My point was you build around these guys though, not trade them.
2005-06 season was suppose to be our season to win it all, and if Hasek doest injure himself at the olympic i think we win the cup that year. we had all the ingredients to win that year. what could have been :(

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I thought for sure Vegas would win last night, then Caps would have taken it this Sunday! :stanley:

Congrats Ovi, and I'm particularly happy for (Team Canada) Goalie Holtby! :thumbu:

NOW WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO WITH OURSELVES.......... :popcorn:

Reactions: Ray Kinsella
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->