Pre-Game Talk: 2017-2018 Stanley Cup Final: (W3) Vegas Golden Knights vs. (E3) Washington Capitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
28 hours to go! Go Vegas Go!

Screenshot 2018-05-25 17.38.12.png

*Note: All games are 8:00pm

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Don't know how anyone can root against Ovechkin at this point.

I'm rooting for Ovechkin, but it's really hard for me not to cheer for my fellow french-Canadians in Marchessault, Carrier, Perron, Dion(Celine) and especially Flower.

So one way or another I won't be mad. I've come around to enjoying the Vegas run.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

This. And since they eliminated the Pens who were their nemesis for so long, then it would be even better. Pens screwed up our playoffs runs quite a few times too.

But I'm not just rooting for Ovechkin, also Holtby > Price and the euros (Backstrom, Eller, Burakovsky, Vrana, Kempny, Djoos, etc) and even Chiasson.

I don't dislike Vegas but I think their story is already too much.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
I'm rooting for Ovechkin, but it's really hard for me not to cheer for my fellow french-Canadians in Marchessault, Carrier, Perron, Dion(Celine) and especially Flower.

So one way or another I won't be mad. I've come around to enjoying the Vegas run.
You know, technically, en anglais, his name would be “Bloomed”.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I'm cheering for Vegas, too, if only because their story is SO MUCH better if they win it all than if they make a Cinderella run and fall just short. Go, Vegas.

Hm, as a fan of realism in storytelling, I think the story is actually much better if they make a Cinderella run and fall just short. But the same is true of the Ovechkin narrative. Breaking the curse and then falling short is also a great true-to-life story.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Go Caps Go

Not really heavily invested either way. Wanted the Jets to win and I'm glad Tbay was shown the door. So I'll check the scores, but won't watch too much of this final.

Reactions: Cosmix

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
This is the first final I've ever experienced that I don't have a clear cut "least favourite" team. I like both of these teams and their stories so much.

I'm excited for some very good hockey. :)

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

I hate the Caps, so it's actually pretty easy. You'd be surprised how easy it is to continue not liking a team that you already dislike.

That being said, I'm pretty firmly anti-Vegas as well. I don't want either team to win, it's just about which team I can stomach losing less than the other.

I say we just cancel this year's Cup, and make next year's playoffs worth double.

Reactions: Cosmix
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad