Line Combos: 2017-2018 Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
What do you think we look like now after the trade? I'd like to see this once healthy;

Hoffman-Duchene-Dzingel
Ryan-Brassard-Stone
Smith-Pageau-White
Burrows-Thompson-Pyatt

Claesson-Karlsson
Oduya-Ceci
Phaneuf-Wideman/Chabot called up

Really like those forward lines. For the D, I can't say I've loved what I've seen from Oduya so far. When we signed him, we kinda just got whats left of him. He seems slow (gets beat in his own zone), has little offensive ability and takes a lot of penalties.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I think management will want to do everything they can to assure this deal ends up in success for this organization at least for this yr & will put their best forwards with Duchene. I'm still not sold on this team even with the addition of Duchene, I'm not a fan of the bottom six, the bottom pairing or the goaltending. I also think they need more of a finisher to replace Dzingel in the top 6 like James Neal. Maybe switch Smith with Hoffman to spread out the offence, it's not that much different than with Turris here tbh.

Hoffman - Duchene - Stone
Dzingel - Brassard - Ryan
Smith - Pageau - Pyatt
Burrows - Thompson - DiDomenico/Rodewald

Claesson - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Oduya - Wideman/Boro

Anderson - Condon

That lineup might work to make twonoffensive lines and 2 defensive lines. Pyatt is really a 4th liner, and Dzingle is a third liner being a shot at the top 6. I think the team needs a top 6 winger, such as LVK Neal at the TD.

Reactions: aragorn

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
would love to see an umbrella power play of.

Left
--------------------------------------Right
-------------------Karlsson--------------- Quarterback / Sees all open offensive opportunities
Stone------------------------------Hoffman One-timer zone,
------------------Duchene--------------------- Skill Zone
---------------------Ryan---------------------- Screen goalie / Rebound opportunities

alfstheman

Jul 2, 2009
Really like those forward lines. For the D, I can't say I've loved what I've seen from Oduya so far. When we signed him, we kinda just got whats left of him. He seems slow (gets beat in his own zone), has little offensive ability and takes a lot of penalties.

I always thought Claessen looks very composed. Quick and does the right play most of the time.

Oduya is decent but against top lines hes a step behind. Move Claessen up with Karl and make the sweedish meatball duo!

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Name Your Future Team:

2020 Team Aragorn
Hoffman - Duchene - Ryan (Fast Skilled Line)
Formenton - Brown - Stone (Big, Skilled Line)
Chlapik - White - Batherson (Fast, Skilled Line)
Nurmi - Paul - Gagné/Kelly (Big, Heavy Line)

Englund - Karlsson (Shutdown D/Offensive dynamo)
Chabot - Ceci (Offensive Dynam0/Shutdown D)
Harpur - Jaros/Lajoie (Two Shutdown D with some offence)

Hogberg - Hollett/Daccord (Big Goalie/Backups)

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
When Ryan is back that Hoffman - Duchene - Ryan idea could be pretty solid.. Leaves a Brassard - Stone duo looking for the next trade piece as a strong LW. A Landeskog, Neal type of attitude would cost us a quality player (Ceci, Phaneuf from the back end and a pick/Paul I'd think, but quality is there) which we should consider. Add Oduya if we can. The trickle down effect would slot the other players into a solid line up
Hoffman - Duchene - Ryan
Landeskog/Neal - Brassard - Stone
Dzingel - Pageau/White - White/Pageau
DiDomenico - Thompson - Pyatt
Burrows

Claesson - Karlsson
Chabot - Phaneuf/Ceci
Harpur/Borowiecki - Jaros/Wideman
Borowiecki/Oduya

It could work

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
Hoffman - Duchene - Ryan
Smith - Brasssard - Stone
Burrows - Pageau - Dzingel
Pyatt - Thompson

Claesson/Oduya - Karlsson
PhanuefOduya - Ceci
Harpur/Oduya - Wideman

this should be our consistent line up

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Ryan and Boro off the IR they will be ready for Thursday.

The sens only have 11f on the roster with rodewald and Paul down and Smith out

Hoffman - Duchene - Ryan
Burrows - Brassard - Stone
Dzingel - Pageau - Pyatt
Hoffman/Dzingel- Thompson - Didomenico

Claesson - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Oduya - Wideman
Borowiecki

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Hoffman - Duchene - Ryan
Burrows - Brassard - Stone
Dzingel - Pageau - Pyatt
(???)- Thompson - Didomenico

Claesson - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Oduya - Wideman
Borowiecki

If we could find a legitimate 2nd line LW for cheap at the deadline, that's a hell of a deep lineup, IMO. A real 2nd line LW pushes both Burrows and Dzingel down to the bottom-6 where they belong, but both are very good options as bottom-6 guys.

Legit 1st line, elite 2nd line, and two bottom lines that can absolutely shut down opponent's top lines as well as provide tertiary scoring (Pageau DiDo & Dzingel specifically)

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
I know he takes a lot of heat around here, but I'm glad to see that whatever it was that was keeping him out of the lineup wasn't so serious.

A personal health issue that didn't take him out of the lineup long term that no one wants to talk about?

It was probably something super embarrassing like hemorrhoids or a boil on his groin area that he had to get removed.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
A personal health issue that didn't take him out of the lineup long term that no one wants to talk about?

It was probably something super embarrassing like hemorrhoids or a boil on his groin area that he had to get removed.

Clearly the odds were that it was something like you mentioned, but there's always the chance it could have been more serious. I mean, Phil Kessel was diagnosed with cancer at 19 years old. Anything is possible.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
If we could find a legitimate 2nd line LW for cheap at the deadline, that's a hell of a deep lineup, IMO. A real 2nd line LW pushes both Burrows and Dzingel down to the bottom-6 where they belong, but both are very good options as bottom-6 guys.

Legit 1st line, elite 2nd line, and two bottom lines that can absolutely shut down opponent's top lines as well as provide tertiary scoring (Pageau DiDo & Dzingel specifically)

If you listen to vouchers pre and post game he 100% thinks Smith is a top 6 forward. The same sack Smith who has 1 goal in his last 40 regular season games

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Let's hope Bobby has time to hide his hands in his back for the rest of the season when a shot comes his way
Sad to see Harpur go down, he played well last weekend
I would go back to Stone-Brass-Ryan when he comes back
They were lethal together before Bobby's injury

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
What I want:

Hoffman-Duchene-Ryan
Dzingel-Brassard-Stone
Burrows-Pageau-Pyatt
Thompson-DiDo

What will happen:

Hoffman on the 3rd line...

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

Ryan-Brassard-Stone
Hoffman-Duchene-White
Smith-Pageau-Dzingel
Pyatt-Thompson-Burrows

Swap Hoffman and Ryan as needed.

Until Smith is back:

Ryan-Brassard-Stone
Hoffman-Duchene-White
Dzingel-Pageau-DiDo
Pyatt-Thompson-Burrows

Reactions: Newgates59

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ryan-Brassard-Stone
Hoffman-Duchene-White
Smith-Pageau-Dzingel
Pyatt-Thompson-Burrows

Until Smith is back:

Ryan-Brassard-Stone
Hoffman-Duchene-White
Dzingel-Pageau-DiDo
Pyatt-Thompson-Burrows

A bit early to be writing White into the top 6, no?

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Ryan-Brassard-Stone
Hoffman-Duchene-White
Smith-Pageau-Dzingel
Pyatt-Thompson-Burrows

Until Smith is back:

Ryan-Brassard-Stone
Hoffman-Duchene-White
Dzingel-Pageau-DiDo
Pyatt-Thompson-Burrows

I agree with that potential top6. Maybe later this year. After Christmas let say.

Right now.. Yes ! By the end of the year, i don't know since the player he would be playing with are very good player. It's not like he would need to carry the line. White is probably never going to ba a driver of a line, but if he goes in front of the net, screen, play for rebound, he might succeed. That's his game anyway. That's what he is good at. Him and Duchene are good gritty player along the board.

I really can see him fit well with Duchene and Hoffman. Like I said, not now. But maybe after Christmas it become a good idea if White continue his good play.

Reactions: Boud

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

White will come up, play a couple games, and he'll be up in the top 6 in no time.

That's my opinion of course but the way Boucher talks about him, and the way he played him in pre-season makes me believe that he will get a legitimate shot when he gets called up.

Ike Newgates has said, Duchene and White have complimentary style. Great all around players and White plays like a vet.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Dido is surprisingly doing fine so far. I would keep him in the lineup and keep White in the AHL. A Hoffman - Duchene - Dido line could be interesting.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I agree with that potential top6. Maybe later this year. After Christmas let say.

Right now.. Yes ! By the end of the year, i don't know since the player he would be playing with are very good player. It's not like he would need to carry the line. White is probably never going to ba a driver of a line, but if he goes in front of the net, screen, play for rebound, he might succeed. That's his game anyway. That's what he is good at. Him and Duchene are good gritty player along the board.

I really can see him fit well with Duchene and Hoffman. Like I said, not now. But maybe after Christmas it become a good idea if White continue his good play.

White will come up, play a couple games, and he'll be up in the top 6 in no time.

That's my opinion of course but the way Boucher talks about him, and the way he played him in pre-season makes me believe that he will get a legitimate shot when he gets called up.

Ike Newgates has said, Duchene and White have complimentary style. Great all around players and White plays like a vet.

Hope you guys are right. I like White, and would be thrilled if it went that way. I just expect Dzingel to be there, and White to line up on the third with Pageau.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Dido is surprisingly doing fine so far. I would keep him in the lineup and keep White in the AHL. A Hoffman - Duchene - Dido line could be interesting.

Yeah I like him alot in the top 6, he has the hockey sense and skill to play with those players. Id like to see these lines come Thursday.

Ryan Brassard Stone
Hoffman Duchene Didomenico
Dzingel Pageau Pyatt
Paul Thompson Burrows

Hope you guys are right. I like White, and would be thrilled if it went that way. I just expect Dzingel to be there, and White to line up on the third with Pageau.

I think eventually id like to see White playing in the top 9 but more seasoning in the AHL wont hurt anyone. It gives the team options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad