Line Combos: 2017-2018 Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Dido is surprisingly doing fine so far. I would keep him in the lineup and keep White in the AHL. A Hoffman - Duchene - Dido line could be interesting.

I agree with that, DiDo should not be sent down right now and has deserved some more games. He's been very good.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Hope you guys are right. I like White, and would be thrilled if it went that way. I just expect Dzingel to be there, and White to line up on the third with Pageau.

Oh i mean, right now my line are:

Hoffman-Duchene-Ryan
Dzingle-Brassard-Stone.

If DBS continue to work that well, you don't touch it. And if HDR work well too, you don't touch it
Ryan could always go back with Stone and Brassard but i liked Dzingle speed with them while i think Ryan's strong play might help Hoff and Duchene. In the same fashion i think White fit with them, but he has speed contrary to Ryan.

If those line work then you have a 3rd and 4th line of :

Smith/Pyatt - Pageau - White
Smith/Pyatt - Thompson - Burrows
Dido

I simply feel, and Boud seems to feel it too, that White simple style of gritty/skill play could fit really well with Duchene in the futur.

Reactions: Boud

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
When Ryan is back that Hoffman - Duchene - Ryan idea could be pretty solid.. Leaves a Brassard - Stone duo looking for the next trade piece as a strong LW. A Landeskog, Neal type of attitude would cost us a quality player (Ceci, Phaneuf from the back end and a pick/Paul I'd think, but quality is there) which we should consider. Add Oduya if we can. The trickle down effect would slot the other players into a solid line up
Hoffman - Duchene - Ryan
Landeskog/Neal - Brassard - Stone
Dzingel - Pageau/White - White/Pageau
DiDomenico - Thompson - Pyatt
Burrows

Claesson - Karlsson
Chabot - Phaneuf/Ceci
Harpur/Borowiecki - Jaros/Wideman
Borowiecki/Oduya

It could work

I think Neal would be significantly cheaper to obtain than Landeskog. Perhaps a late first or early second round pick and/or a very good prospect (but not Chabot or Brown).

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
With Ryan and Borowiecki back, this is what I believe our 20-man roster will look like.

1A: Hoffman - Duchene - Ryan
1B: Dzingel - Brassard - Stone
3: Pyatt - Pageau - Thompson
4: Didomenico/Burrows/Wideman slotted in with pairings composed of above line (3)

1: Claesson - Karlsson
2: Phaneuf - Ceci
3: Boro - Oduya
4: Wideman slotted in on right side on any of above 3 pairings

Anderson
Condon

Last edited:

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
With Ryan and Borowiecki back, this is what I believe our 20-man roster will look like.

4: Didomenico/Burrows/Borowiecki slotted in with pairings composed of above line (3)

2A: Harpur - Ceci
2B: Oduya - Phaneuf
4: Borowiecki slotted in on left side of any pairing above

Anderson
Condon

Harpur was sent down as well so you can probably pencil in Boro on D and maybe Wideman at wing siince he played there last week and we're down to 11-7 with todays changes.

Reactions: Gil Scott Perron

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Harpur was sent down as well so you can probably pencil in Boro on D and maybe Wideman at wing siince he played there last week and we're down to 11-7 with todays changes.

Thanks, my mistake. I suspect that exactly what you said will be the case. Almost did that in the first place, actually.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

4: Didomenico/Burrows/Wideman slotted in with pairings composed of above line (3)

2A: Phaneuf - Ceci
2B: Boro - Oduya

4: Wideman slotted in on right side on any of above 3 pairings

Anderson
Condon

Phaneuf-Ceci and Oduya-Boro as 2a 2b dpairs??? come on now, Ceci and Phaneuf have been averaging ~5 mins more a night than Oduya, and ~9 more than Boro. There is no way they are a 2a, 2b tandem. Ceci & Phaneuf are so very clearly seen by this coaching staff as a step above Oduya and Boro and rightly so.

Reactions: bert

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Really think the D pairs that have worked out the best so far are;

Claesson-Karlsson
Harpur-Ceci
Oduya-Phaneuf

eventually, I want to see Chabot come in and replace Oduya in the lineup, at which point, I think something like this could work;

Claesson-Karlsson
Chabot-Ceci
Harpur-Phaneuf

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Phaneuf-Ceci and Oduya-Boro as 2a 2b dpairs??? come on now, Ceci and Phaneuf have been averaging ~5 mins more a night than Oduya, and ~9 more than Boro. There is no way they are a 2a, 2b tandem. Ceci & Phaneuf are so very clearly seen by this coaching staff as a step above Oduya and Boro and rightly so.

Yeah that's a mistake, I originally had it that way when I had the pairings as Harpur - Ceci & Oduya-Phaneuf, like they used last game. That's why I had it that way. Then Gesus told me Harpur was sent down so I went back to Phaneuf - Ceci (but forgot to change the numbers).

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yeah that's a mistake, I originally had it that way when I had the pairings as Harpur - Ceci & Oduya-Phaneuf, like they used last game. That's why I had it that way. Then Gesus told me Harpur was sent down so I went back to Phaneuf - Ceci (but forgot to change the numbers).

Oh, that makes much more sense.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Why are the people who were so outraged by Boro playing forward on the 4th line not outraged that Wideman is playing forward on the 4th line?

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Why are the people who were so outraged by Boro playing forward on the 4th line not outraged that Wideman is playing forward on the 4th line?

Id be fine with either tbh. I thought Wideman held his own and would likely contribute more offensively but im sure Boro would be fine also.

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
Even though Borro has a goal, Wideman has more offensive talent. Maybe he IS our depth forward that we've been looking for lol.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Hoff - Brass - Stone
Dzingel - Dutchy - Ryan

That's how top 6 skated at practice.

Obviously Boucher is trying to find a fit for Duchene. Hopefully Bobby works otherwise I could see Stone and Dutch.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
People were more outraged that he got shifts on the top line (well, with Turris, but Turris was hobbling around on one ankle at the time I think), not that they tried him on the 4th. Also, it was tried at a time where we needed more offense, and had offensive prospects sitting (like Prince if I recall). Lastly, in his short stint as a forward against Sweden, Wideman didn't look out of place, so having him get some additional reps at forward when we already have a tendency of going with 11 and 7 doesn't really hurt; worst case we revert to a traditional 11-7 setup and he doesn't get shifts at forward.

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
Hoff - Brass - Stone
Dzingel - Dutchy - Ryan

That's how top 6 skated at practice.

Obviously Boucher is trying to find a fit for Duchene. Hopefully Bobby works otherwise I could see Stone and Dutch.
I'm so waiting for this! Ryan was working well with Brassard so maybe Boucher gives it a go at some point.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Lines have been so much better than with past coaches. Don't even feel the need to vent about it here.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Wideman as a forward is better than Boro as a forward because of his skillset. From my memory, it was infuriating that Cameron played Boro as a forward when Prince was playing well and wasn't getting much ice.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Wideman is a small defenceman who did nothing as a forward as he does very little as a defenceman. Boro at the least hit everything that moved & is so much tougher & protects his teammates. Skill on the perimeter & without finish is useless, having a player hitting everything that moves is much more enjoyable to watch.

And if he is so skilled, how is it that GB puts Boro in on defence instead of Wideman? How is it that this coach that everyone raves about puts the player most here hate in the lineup instead of the more skilled Wideman on D? What does he know that most here just don't see? And how is it that Boro gets re-signed but Wideman is still a UFA & most likely will be traded this yr? Is it possible that this team wants & needs the skillset Boro brings more so than what Wideman brings. It seems to be that way.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Wideman is a small defenceman who did nothing as a forward as he does very little as a defenceman. Boro at the least hit everything that moved & is so much tougher & protects his teammates. Skill on the perimeter & without finish is useless, having a player hitting everything that moves is much more enjoyable to watch.

And if he is so skilled, how is it that GB puts Boro in on defence instead of Wideman? How is it that this coach that everyone raves about puts the player most here hate in the lineup instead of the more skilled Wideman on D? What does he know that most here just don't see? And how is it that Boro gets re-signed but Wideman is still a UFA & most likely will be traded this yr? Is it possible that this team wants & needs the skillset Boro brings more so than what Wideman brings. It seems to be that way.

But he scored a goal that was only called back because of bullshit technicalities on a replay?

Boucher praised Wideman today for playing so well at wing, not making a single mistake the other night, and that he trusts him more than any ahl call ups. Wideman's skill set seems perfect for a forward to me, maybe he really runs with this who knows.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Wideman is a small defenceman who did nothing as a forward as he does very little as a defenceman.

He's okay as a bottom pairing guy at ES. His best assets are his ability to move the puck, but he isn't a guy you'd want out there against top competition in a d-zone faceoff.

He's smart enough that he should be able to translate to wing in this system. A lot of what the wingers (or F3? not sure the numbering) do in the system has to do with supporting the D and vice versa. So it's not surprising he'd pick up on it quickly, since he'd already have to know the wingers job in Boucher's system to do his own as a D.

Guy Boucher seems to love versatility in his lineup. Having a guy who can be our 2nd line PPQB, 4th line RWer, and 7th D in the lineup all at the same time must be appealing to him.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

Boro thing was more in the heat of the moment. Dave Cameron put him out there for a shift on the top line as a left winger, while the perception was that Hoffman and Cameron were at odds. Hoffman then scored and did the dramatic staredown of the bench rather than celebrating, so the Boro as a LWer thing sort of took on a life of its own.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
The Boro on forward thing seemed like a statement more than an actual tactical move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->