Speculation: 2017 - 2018 Roster Discussion Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I think everyone on this roster could benefit with some stability. The only stable pair we've had all season is Keller with Stepan. We need more talent and more chemistry.
Keller hit the wall mid season and Stepan was far from stable the first quarter of the year, but you are right we need more talent. I'm not worried about the chemistry once this roster is to the point of being set and we have more talent. I believe Chayka will address those problems or some of them this off season.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Random other thought based on all the rookie talk.
Fischer October - February: 28 points 14:46 TOI
March: 3 points 11:09 TOI

That's bad enough a drop to where if sending him down was an option I'd at least think about it.
Who is eligible from the Yotes who can play for Tucson in the playoffs?

Reactions: Name Nameless

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I think Chayka deserves some praise over the Cousins Madsen for some guy we weren't tendering a contract to and a 5th rounder. Cousins has been solid.
He sure does. I hated Cousins in the line up and was happy when he was scratched early in the year, but what ever happened when he returned was like watching a miracle. Now, I love watching the kid. Hope he can keep it up next year, I will be rooting for him.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
So who goes, who stays, and how much does our current (healthy) lineup change?

Keller-Stepan-Panik
Perlini-Dvorak-Domi
Rinaldo-Strome-Fischer
Martinook-Richardson-Cousins
Archibald, Hamilton

OEL-Demers
Chychrun-Hjalmarsson
Goligoski-Connauton
Schenn

Raanta
Kuemper

Pending UFA's: Richardson, Rinaldo, Schenn, Connauton, Raanta
Pending RFA's: Domi, Dauphin, Hamilton, Murphy

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I’d like to replace Hamilton and Archibald with Rinaldo. I’d like to replace Rinaldo with a player.

I’d like to replace Schenn with Connauton and replace Connauton with an upgrade.

Reactions: _Del_

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Here is my hope and dream

Keller - Stepan - Panik
Domi - Dvorak - Fischer
Perlini - Strome - Bozak
Dem - Sticky - Boyz

OEL - Demers
Chych - Hammer
Goose - Dahlin (KConn if we don't win Dahlin)
KConn or Postma

Raanta
Krapper

Bozak can play center just in case Strome has a tough face-off match up. Gives Strome a vet to play with and learn the ropes from, while we add a right handed player. Gives us a little flexibility. If we can upgrade Panik, I'd be all for it, but I'm not terribly upset if he stays here.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I don't think Bozak has ever played the wing. I get it as a Strome safety net, but I think a player with C/W experience would be better.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Maybe we can get Neal on a shorter term given he's older (30) than the others. And if he likes life in NV, AZ isn't all that different. Maybe 15M/3yr or 20M/4yr?

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Maybe we can get Neal on a shorter term given he's older (30) than the others. And if he likes life in NV, AZ isn't all that different. Maybe 15M/3yr or 20M/4yr?
My guess would be that he would be staying in Vegas if he would sign either of those deals. Personally I see life in Vegas vs Life in AZ as very different.

rt

May 13, 2004
All would be great for 2-3 years, and then would be anchors for the next 3-4 of their inevitably long contracts. Cant sink our budget in paying one of those three 6-8m a year, let someone else do that. Neal is the best fit of that group however.
I’m softened on JvR. He’s a year younger than I thought and his current contract expires a year sooner than I thought. My main concern would be his being the prize ufa and potential bidding wars.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I’m softened on JvR. He’s a year younger than I thought and his current contract expires a year sooner than I thought. My main concern would be his being the prize ufa and potential bidding wars.
I think JVR will have several better options than present day Coyotes.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I think we need to be thinking more of secondary pieces on the free agent market rather than key free agents at this time until we see what we actually have in house.

rt

May 13, 2004
I think we need to be thinking more of secondary pieces on the free agent market rather than key free agents at this time until we see what we actually have in house.
I’d rather look for buy low opportunities via trade. There are a few teams changing directions. Futures are never more valuable than on draft day. I’m not particularly attached to the guys in Tucson or that Minnesota pick.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I’d rather look for buy low opportunities via trade. There are a few teams changing directions. Futures are never more valuable than on draft day. I’m not particularly attached to the guys in Tucson or that Minnesota pick.

This is where I'm at too. Who needs to clear some cap space to sign JVR or Tavares? I do think one of our kids may have to go the other way. One of Domi, Fischer, Crouse or Perlini for a straight up upgrade that is in their mid to lateish 20's. How far off is something around Fischer for Brock Nelson? Or does Fischer's upside outweigh the worth of losing him?

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
If we sign Antti Raanta I will forget all about our draft lottery luck and just hold out hope that we don't fall to 8th-10th overall. This team has finally bought in, and they look like the team we all expected them to be in October. It's not like it's been a small sample size either, we've gone 16-8-2 since early February. This team has the potential to be solid next year, but signing Raanta is key to keeping the momentum moving in the right direction. We need to do it, no question at all. Has to happen. Winning the lotto 1 out of 3 times on the 28th would just be an added bonus.

I also have faith in some positive ownership news coming this summer.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
This is where I'm at too. Who needs to clear some cap space to sign JVR or Tavares? I do think one of our kids may have to go the other way. One of Domi, Fischer, Crouse or Perlini for a straight up upgrade that is in their mid to lateish 20's. How far off is something around Fischer for Brock Nelson? Or does Fischer's upside outweigh the worth of losing him?

I like Fischer a lot more than Brock Nelson - Fischer may easily become the 20-20-40 guy Nelson is as soon as next season.

That said, I'm with rt - try to find some potential buy low opportunities with mid 20s RFAs. One guy I'd love to target is Elias Lindholm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mosby and BigDoaner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad