Speculation: 2017-18 Roster Discussion - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Getting him still leaves a gaping hole in our top 4. If Sergachev is gone, everybody's favorite Coburn fills it. If Sergachev is here, he fills it.

I'd prefer the Hjalmarsson and Green route to be honest. Probably in the minority and it's cool if it happens, but we have too many defenseman on the team that give me heart attacks already.

I think Hjalmarsson and Green would be the path of least heart attacks for sure. Honestly I’m down with whatever SY wants to do. We’re in a pretty good position. Better than most in this league. We have a really good gm, talented roster and prospect pool. We’re going to be having other trade deadline talks about going all in again. As long as SY is our gm and Vinik is our owner. Those guys will find a way.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Hi everyone.
I've read about a possible trade that will bring EK to San Josè.
The question is: ok, the Sharks will solve the problem of Ryan's contract. Btw, Have they some prospect, good like ours, to trade to Ottawa?
If the answer is yes, I think it's better to think to the Plan B (McDonagh? Green? Hjalrmasson? Johnson?)

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
His style of play and he is not a big body he will age better then hedman will

Really? The dude has some sort of leg injury every year it seems. Hedman gets his share of knocks but until this year none have been lower body, Karlssons seem to be all there which doesn't bode well for his legs going forwars.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Really? The dude has some sort of leg injury every year it seems. Hedman gets his share of knocks but until this year none have been lower body, Karlssons seem to be all there which doesn't bode well for his legs going forwars.
And stamkos has had more injuries then karlsson dude and he is fine still

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I would bring back Brian Lee or Brendan Mikkelson just to have somebody push Sustr further down the chart.

I'd take a bald one legged Erik Karlsson over Sustr.

Still hoping we get rid of him.
We for sure have to get sustr and dotchin out of our line up for sure for the playoffs or we are toast

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
I think Hjalmarsson and Green would be the path of least heart attacks for sure. Honestly I’m down with whatever SY wants to do. We’re in a pretty good position. Better than most in this league. We have a really good gm, talented roster and prospect pool. We’re going to be having other trade deadline talks about going all in again. As long as SY is our gm and Vinik is our owner. Those guys will find a way.
My friend, I agree with you.
We've a good GM, who has built this team. Ok, also Mr. Yzerman made some mistake (the Boyle gift, imho) but in general, he's doing a great job.
If EK won't arrive, it means that there're not the chances to sign him. Or, maybe, there're the chances but they'll create problems with the cap in the next years.
I think we've a great roster right now that could compete to win the Cup.
I believe in Yzerman and Vinik qualities and skills.
Go Bolts, for ever and ever.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Not sure why everyone prefers Karlsson to Sustr? They have played roughly the same number of playoff games over their careers but only one of them have been to the SCF. I'll take the one who's been closer to winning it all than the one who just wins meaningless trophies.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Not sure why everyone prefers Karlsson to Sustr? They have played roughly the same number of playoff games over their careers but only one of them have been to the SCF. I'll take the one who's been closer to winning it all than the one who just wins meaningless trophies.
Just...just wow.

*licks fingers*

Speaking of being in your prime....primo hose post, friend.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Names couldn't POSSIBLY be the hold up....
I want to consider, right now, only what we know and not any idea.
We know only one thing: Yzerman said that he does not want to trade any player of our roster.
So the roads are two: 1) or Yzerman has modified his original idea 2) or it's difficult to bring to Tampa EK.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
That guy's source is the very thread we're in right now. This is beginning to feel like a hall of mirrors.
I've read this guys a lot in the last week :)
I think that probably he continues to tweet only to produce views and followers. But maybe he's posted something right.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
It's not just Namestnikov we'd be losing from the roster if we traded for Karlsson. We already have 8 defenders so we have to trade Sustr to make that work. I'd be fine if it was just for Namestnikov straight up but no way is Karlsson worth Namestnikov + Sustr.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
I've read this guys a lot in the last week :)
I think that probably he continues to tweet only to produce views and followers. But maybe he's posted something right.
Lol. I'm sure he has a few connected sources. But I'm also fairly certain he's using HFBoards to speculate a little bit, too.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Come on Steve just f***ing trade Namestnikov and be done with it. I'm sure that Kucherov will come around to the idea of Karlsson being his besty too

JAY7791

Jun 22, 2013
A good negotiator always makes it seem like he's budging even when it's what he's been willing to do all a long. Yzerman knows Vladdy isn't worth the 5 mill he's going to be asking for this summer.

Reactions: Iceman

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
I think it’s going to take Serge to get this done. I’m not sold SY won’t do that, but I wonder if an ancillary piece comes to play LHD in the 4....or just roll with Coburn and KK?

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I'd be fine with losing Names. I think he's over playing this season anyways, getting #1 PP time and played with Stammer and Kuch for a good chunk of the season

Hopefully it doesn't bug Kuch too much, him and Names are best buds aren't they?

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
This looks like the Lindros trade. The only problem is Lindros was 19 so he was going to be cheap for a few years and you'd have him for his best years. Karlsson is almost 28, is going to want to be paid huge and his best years may be behind him. I'm leaning towards not getting him.

Welcome to the club. Refreshments are over there on the right, next to the iced champagne bottles we’re waiting to pop as soon as Sustr is officially off the roster.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Come on Steve just ****ing trade Namestnikov and be done with it. I'm sure that Kucherov will come around to the idea of Karlsson being his besty too
Well, there are other considerations. Names isn't a crucial piece, but moving him would still unsettle our offense to an unforeseeable degree. He's a solid, NHL-calibre, plug-anywhere utility piece. If we move him to get a bigger player, it probably makes more sense to do that in the summer. That way Coop isn't reworking his lines heading into the playoffs. Ideally we bring someone in without touching our offense, which has been efficiently humming along on autopilot all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad