Speculation: 2017-18 Roster Discussion - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
A good negotiator always makes it seem like he's budging even when it's what he's been willing to do all a long. Yzerman knows Vladdy isn't worth the 5 mill he's going to be asking for this summer.
Yes very good points I think they planned on trading vladdy anyway this summer before paying him 5 per year avv

Reactions: JAY7791

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
I think they trade one of TyJo/Palat. Killorn gone. Sustr, Girardi and Coburn gone. Carle/Condra money gone.

I guess it's possible to extend Karlsson and Kuch at the same time. Point won't get that much on his first extension. Vasi will get a nice raise. Stralman will be up in the air - if he resigns it will be for cheaper.

We'll have a lot of holes to fill with youngsters and plugs.

...and our best youngsters will all be in Ottawa. Hence the problem. Not to mention we’ve subtracted TJ/Palat, Gourde, Killorn (assuming we can even convince him to accept a trade), and probably Namestnikov as well. So our offense pretty much comes down to Kuch, Stammer, Point, and whichever of TJ/Palat is still around. I don’t know about you but that sounds pretty awful to me even if Karlsson is still in peak form (which is far from guaranteed.)

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
A good negotiator always makes it seem like he's budging even when it's what he's been willing to do all a long. Yzerman knows Vladdy isn't worth the 5 mill he's going to be asking for this summer.
That’s why I can’t believe Ottawa is asking for Vlady. He is not going to be happy and he has arbitration rights this summer and is a couple years away from UFA. He’ll ask for the max based on this year’s stats, go to arbitration, take a two year deal and walk. And, supposedly they don’t like Russians. On our side you trade Kuch’s buddy to bring in Hedman’s buddy? What’s that do to team chemistry? OTT is in this mess because they started offloading Karlsson’s buddies. I want McD. He fills the real need and will fit like a glove. We have two lefties, Coburn and Serg, who can play the right side, so can McD. Hjalmarsson and Green works just as well, maybe better.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Well, there are other considerations. Names isn't a crucial piece, but moving him would still unsettle our offense to an unforeseeable degree. He's a solid, NHL-calibre, plug-anywhere utility piece. If we move him to get a bigger player, it probably makes more sense to do that in the summer. That way Coop isn't reworking his lines heading into the playoffs. Ideally we bring someone in without touching our offense, which has been efficiently humming along on autopilot all season.

I hate to say it but Namestnikov has been humming on autopilot for over a month now and I don't mean that in a good way. He coasts way too much for my liking

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
...and our best youngsters will all be in Ottawa. Hence the problem. Not to mention we’ve subtracted TJ/Palat, Gourde, Killorn (assuming we can even convince him to accept a trade), and probably Namestnikov as well. So our offense pretty much comes down to Kuch, Stammer, Point, and whichever of TJ/Palat is still around. I don’t know about you but that sounds pretty awful to me even if Karlsson is still in peak form (which is far from guaranteed.)
Ehh...ill take my chances with all the prime years of Stamkos, Hedman, Karlsson, Kucherov and Point.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
You trade Namestnikov you need to start taking offers on Kucherov. For one Kyprios said if you sign Karlsson you can't sign Kucherov. They already pissed off Kucherov once trading Nesterov so if they trade Namestnikov he may have had enough. I prefer we keep our Russians and trade the Swedes, well Stralman at least, we don't even draft Swedes so not sure why we even want Karlsson.

JAY7791

Jun 22, 2013
You trade Namestnikov you need to start taking offers on Kucherov. For one Kyprios said if you sign Karlsson you can't sign Kucherov. They already pissed off Kucherov once trading Nesterov so if they trade Namestnikov he may have had enough. I prefer we keep our Russians and trade the Swedes, well Stralman at least, we don't even draft Swedes so not sure why we even want Karlsson.

This is a joke.. Right? Kypreos doesn't know anything about our contract/cap situation and we have tax advantages lol.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Kucherov will still have vasy

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Ehh...ill take my chances with all the prime years of Stamkos, Hedman, Karlsson, Kucherov and Point.

How’s that “handful of stars with no depth behind them” approach been working for the Blackhawks since they signed everybody to those huge deals? Now how have the Pens been doing with their fantastic scoring depth? Which team would you rather we emulate?

JAY7791

Jun 22, 2013
How’s that “handful of stars with no depth behind them” approach been working for the Blackhawks since they signed everybody to those huge deals? Now how have the Pens been doing with their fantastic scoring depth? Which team would you rather we emulate?

Say we trade Raddysh, Foote, Howden. We have more prospects.. And we don't have an anchor in Toews making 10.5 million and a Kane making 10.5. Stamkos and Hedman make what? 15 together? We can't keep every prospect because won't have the room for them in the lineup.. We've already experienced this with Koekkoek for example, many of us agree he hasn't got a fair shot.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
I hate to say it but Namestnikov has been humming on autopilot for over a month now and I don't mean that in a good way. He coasts way too much for my liking
Right, but we'd be still taking a twenty-goal guy out of the middle of our lineup heading into the playoffs. That's less than ideal. Yzerman is trying to swing a trade that's as close to ideal as possible.

It's a staring contest. We don't have to blink yet.

JAY7791

Jun 22, 2013
I agree but adding Karlsson and the Vladdy replacement will more than make up for his offense imo.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Right, but we'd be still taking a twenty-goal guy out of the middle of our lineup heading into the playoffs. That's less than ideal. Yzerman is trying to swing a trade that's as close to ideal as possible.

It's a staring contest. We don't have to blink yet.

If we're talking about Namestnikov, he should blink his ****ing face off.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Say we trade Raddysh, Foote, Howden. We have more prospects.. And we don't have an anchor in Toews making 10.5 million and a Kane making 10.5. Stamkos and Hedman make what? 15 together? We can't keep every prospect because won't have the room for them in the lineup.. We've already experienced this with Koekkoek for example, many of us agree he hasn't got a fair shot.
They're getting a good deal on Keith at $5-ish. If Kuch signs for $10 mil, we'd have pretty close to the same amount locked up in the same number of guys. Plus we'd want to keep Karlsson, Point, etc.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Who else is staying up to follow this lol
The Yzerman only comes when all good boys and girls are asleep in their beds

HXrHFU4.png

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
I went on CapFriendly and tried to build a roster in two years keeping all the big names. CHI has 14 players making $1 million or less, and we would probably need more. We’d have six great NHLers with an AHL team. Who knows, it could work. Depth in hockey is so overrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad