2017-18 Around the League | Congratulations Washington Capitals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Between Melnyk, the Asst. GM's legal issues, attendance problems and player personnel issues, the NHL should just fold the Ottawa franchise and have a dispersal draft. It is simply toxic from the head of the dragon down to the tip of the tail. Simply hold another lottery from teams 1-31. To hell with relocation, just disband the franchise.

Added: :sarcasm:

Just do a reverse draft order based on each teams average point totals since the cap era began :D

Reactions: McFuhryous

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Between Melnyk, the Asst. GM's legal issues, attendance problems and player personnel issues, the NHL should just fold the Ottawa franchise and have a dispersal draft. It is simply toxic from the head of the dragon down to the tip of the tail. Simply hold another lottery from teams 1-31. To hell with relocation, just disband the franchise.

Added: :sarcasm:

id rather keep a team or two between myself and the gutter.......it would be a welcome luxury.

Reactions: McFuhryous

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
P.A. Parenteau retired.

Not big news, but also can respect a guy who stuck with it. Took him 10 years post-draft to become an NHLer regular.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
The amount of scrutiny we get as a city and how we are the 'least favorite spot for players to play in', and this crap coming out of Ottawa should remind us how lucky we have it that we don't have this kind of baggage to deal with. If anything after this, Ottawa will now be the 'Least Favorite place to play in'.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Denis Guryanov a healthy scratch for Texas. Things not going well for him so far.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
P.A. Parenteau retired.

Not big news, but also can respect a guy who stuck with it. Took him 10 years post-draft to become an NHLer regular.

A guy I'm a still a little annoyed they didn't sign last year. He likely could have been gotten for under 2 million and would have more or less brought the same elements as Eberle. Truth be told a little more, as he did have a bit of an edge to his game

Actually if you go back to October, he would have fit the roster somewhat well.

Maroon-McDavid-Draisaitl
Lucic-RNH-PAP
Caggiula-Strome-Yama/Slepy/Pulju
Jokinen-Letestu-Pakarinen

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Game 7 of the Calder Cup Finals is on TSN2.

Texas @ Toronto
Good to see former Oil King Head Coach Derek Laxdal doing well and getting his team to the finals.

As a FYI Texas is who the Oiler tried to replicate years ago for their AHL club. Bring in vets in key positions to shelter their young players and have a winning environment.

They have McKenna there this year and Peters last year just in case their young prospect Bow can't hack it.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Ottawa is so beyond screwed. This offseason is shaping up to be a disaster for them. And next season theres a good chance that their 1st round pick is 1st overall, which they will lose to the avalanche.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Ottawa is so beyond screwed. This offseason is shaping up to be a disaster for them. And next season theres a good chance that their 1st round pick is 1st overall, which they will lose to the avalanche.

I know the optics are horrendous but I really think the right move is to give up their pick this year.

That team is in a world of hurt. Might as well rip the bandaid off, get as much as you can for Karlsson, and buckle down for rebuild.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Chalk up another W for Chyka. Galchenyuk for just domi lol

I'll chalk up a W for Chayka when his moves actually start resulting in some wins.

Granted I do think Montreal should have received more than Domi for Galchenyuk but it's Bergevin so not surprising.

Reactions: frag2

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I know the optics are horrendous but I really think the right move is to give up their pick this year.

That team is in a world of hurt. Might as well rip the bandaid off, get as much as you can for Karlsson, and buckle down for rebuild.

Yeah I think you are probably right.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

The problem is even if they finish last the odds are still slightly under 50% the pick will end up worse than this one. The lottery takes control away from them. And if Montreal does pass on Zadina they’ll get the third best prospect in the draft this year. The odds on giving up one of the top two next year is only like 35%

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
The problem is even if they finish last the odds are still slightly under 50% the pick will end up worse than this one. The lottery takes control away from them. And if Montreal does pass on Zadina they’ll get the third best prospect in the draft this year. The odds on giving up one of the top two next year is only like 35%

Not all drafts are equal though.

Dahlin and Svechnikov seem to be on another level with the rest somewhat clustered 3-10 or so based on team need and preference.

I feel like they'll be bad enough to ensure they pick a Zadina calibre player with their pick next year with the chance of winning the lottery and getting a player like Jack Hughes.

Last edited:

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Wonder if the Flames have to hire professional "sitters" to "sit" at their draft table for the first few rounds....

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
They're in need of C, but trade Galchenyuk for another Winger, lmao. What's next? Them taking the Kotkaniemi kid? Go for it, habs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad