2017-18 Around the League | Congratulations Washington Capitals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
After a great first 15 minutes or so the Jets have given up 3 straight to the Leafs lol.

Steve Mason is such a bad goalie.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
What a complete turd the Jets have laid down in front of their fans to start their season opener.

Come out super jacked but don't capitalize, the Leafs stay composed and the Jets proceed to lose their composure defensively and are losing 3-0 after 20 minutes.

That 3rd goal was especially horrific...Nylander had enough time to put the puck into his mouth and skate it into the net if he'd wanted to.

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
Jets have the worst coach in hockey, no idea why anyone would hire Maurice, how he got an extension I will never know. I'd fire him today.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
FYI Center Ice is on a free trial right now if you want to check out the other game.
When I go to the channel it shows the video for five seconds and then the screen goes black telling me I have to subscribe. The audio keeps working though. I'm with Shaw. Anyone else getting this?

Edit: sounds like a lot of people are having this issue. If you press "Pause" and then "Live TV", the video will come on.

Last edited:

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Steve "The Answer" Mason.

Tons of great goalies available this offseason. They go for the low-tier starter from a team that hasn't had a good goalie in like 25 years.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Getting spanked 5-0 in your home opener, Jets? Yikes.

Can't say I'm really surprised tho. Their defence is hugely overrated.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Steve "The Answer" Mason.

Tons of great goalies available this offseason. They go for the low-tier starter from a team that hasn't had a good goalie in like 25 years.

That's Chevy being Chevy. He's a rich mans' Tambo

I wouldn't pin it all on Mason though. Their defense is hugely overrated, they aren't very good at that defending thing. Kind of like Calgary's defense, great at generating shots but subpar defenders and the goalies get the blame year after year.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
That's Chevy being Chevy. He's a rich mans' Tambo

I wouldn't pin it all on Mason though. Their defense is hugely overrated, they aren't very good at that defending thing. Kind of like Calgary's defense, great at generating shots but subpar defenders and the goalies get the blame year after year.

Nice to be able to talk about other teams like that now, isn't it!

:naughty:

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Looking at the individual components, the Jets have tons of size, speed and skill from top to bottom...yet they continue to disappoint.

They just strike me as a team that lacks character and mental toughness.

Kerricthebig

Jovial Imbecile
Nov 9, 2011
Wow. I figured this would be higher scoring, but not like this. Did not expect Toronto to go up that bigly. Expected Winnipegs goaltending to suck. But not quite this hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad