2017-18 Around the League | Congratulations Washington Capitals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Turning point in this series is when I started pretending the Jets were the Oilers in game 2.

You mean when Hellebucyk turned into Talbot?

I remember that old Ryan Horcoff is Sean Kesler meme that IATL started around here.

Maybe Connor Talbot is Cam Hellebucyk?

Reactions: BlackDogg

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Jets need to get the lead. They've played from behind or even for the last 3 games.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
You mean when Hellebucyk turned into Talbot?

I remember that old Ryan Horcoff is Sean Kesler meme that IATL started around here.

Maybe Connor Talbot is Cam Hellebucyk?

And when Buff starts blind passing to Vegas players every shift, we'll know he's gone full Looch.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
If Vegas wins the cup there is something unspectacular about it. This isn't a group of guys that you got to watch grow over years, rise from the bottom. It was a system designed to allow them to succeed, an advantage that others have never received. Built on this notion that the team had to succeed quickly to thrive in the market... maybe its just not a great market? A true hockey market would love to watch that thing grow from the ground up.

Reactions: oilers'72

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Jets are playing an uninspiring “play it safe, play not to lose” game. Newsflash for them. That plays right into Vegas pressure game. If they don’t step on it, and like now, Vegas is going to the SC Final.

I can’t believe I even typed those last 7 words...

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Trouba is the most overrated young defender in the league people act like he's on the cusp of being a number 1 and really he's not even close.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Man, this makes the NHL look absolutely bush league.

$550 million apparently buys an inaugural Stanley Cup too.

Should be interesting to see the empty building when the entire team isn't shooting 15%+ next year.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I hope Vegas wins the cup now

giphy.gif

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
f*** Florida btw.

You let Vegas take Marchessault in the expansion draft if they agree to take Reilly Smith for a 4th round pick.....

A lot of the expansion moves look bad in hindsight. That one looked grade A moronic the moment it went down.

Reactions: Oilhawks

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Man, this makes the NHL look absolutely bush league.

$550 million apparently buys an inaugural Stanley Cup too.

Should be interesting to see the empty building when the entire team isn't shooting 15%+ next year.
The NHL makes the NHL look bush league. Half the league is full of dumb dumb dinosaurs posing as GMs and left some really good players available for draft.

Vegas fully deserves this. If you have an opportunity to take advantage of a dumb GM you always do it.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
You sound extremely salty that Vegas is doing well.

The Oilers aren't even close to the team Vegas is.

I don't see what the Oilers have to do with this.

Anyway, I'm a bit salty as well.
I like the team, like a lot of the players, like the way they play, great story but it just feels wrong. The team hasn't had to face any hurdles, haven't had to build any foundation, face any adversity. They just threw it all together and boom, instant Cup contender. Being a fan of a team for over 20 years now that has only made the Finals once and has never come close otherwise I'm a bit bitter about Vegas, not gonna lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca