U17: 2016 World U-17 Hockey Challenge (Oct 27 - Nov 5)

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
The US spent the last minute hemmed in their own end. At the end of the game, there was some sort of altercation in the corner, but the camera cut away.

This is the second year in a row US went out in the quarter finals. I'm surprised this year because of the amount of talent they have on the roster. A bunch of players I expected to see a lot from were very quiet.

Give Sweden credit. They played very well.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Yeah this US team is not nearly as good as I thought it would be going into the season, especially considering how good they were at the YOG. Joel Farabee was a bit of a reveleation though, could he be the best player on the U17 team?

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
the game may actually be over - just wait for the clock update...

edit 4-3 now - wow

Yep 4-3 for Sweden. Refs sure seemed to favour the US with the number of PP's they had. Don't think I've ever seen a game when Sweden gets double the penalties as the opposition. Actually 9 PP for the US, 5 for Sweden, if I'm reading the game summary correct.

Congrats Sweden.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Not impressed with this US team at all. Thought last years team was weak, this one was even worse.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Need to cut down on the penalties..freaking 18min shorthanded.

Been doing it all tournament. Been really impressed earlier by Filip Johansson and Axel Andersson on D, great to see them look so good against the best of their age group. Talented on defense and a hard working forward group, don't think any team will run them over.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Been doing it all tournament. Been really impressed earlier by Filip Johansson and Axel Andersson on D, great to see them look so good against the best of their age group. Talented on defense and a hard working forward group, don't think any team will run them over.

I've liked Axel Andersson quite a bit too. He's been noticeable in every game I've watched so far.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Yeah this US team is not nearly as good as I thought it would be going into the season, especially considering how good they were at the YOG. Joel Farabee was a bit of a reveleation though, could he be the best player on the U17 team?

Bode Wilde as well.
Haven't really been impressed with the 'renowned' prospects on that team, like Wise and Wahlstrom.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Canada Red got eliminated by White. Groulx and Roberts haven't impressed me as much as I expected, Groulx has shown off his smarts and good vision, but I expected more dominance and power in his game. I thought Red had some other impressive players though like Shawn Element, Dunkley, Dellandrea, Noel, Daley, Stotts, and Damiani. Robertson was very solid on defence, potential as a 1st rounder. I had them as the 2nd best Canadian team going in.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Camoon Finland! tsn and button commentating awaits in semis!

nice to see Kokkonen and Kukkonen in quality stream

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
Congrats to all teams that advanced. Was impressed with how Sweden played. Wise and Wahlstrom could end up being dynamite for Team USA in the future. They have never played against this tough of competition thus far, especially against the calibre of teams in the USHL nowadays. But I'll say for the hype surrounding them when they went against kids the same age they didn't stand out. So I'm with you guys in saying that I expected more out of those two. But it's early in their careers and the microscope is already on them. Other players rose up though, especially Farabee and Wilde. I made a post about them in the other board following the team. Good luck to the 4 teams moving on tomorrow:handclap:

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
^^ by far with canada diluting talent on 3 teams ...canada would easily be the best team out there and missing top 3 2k player

also did not think ushl would be that weak if u17 team can compete

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Congrats to all teams that advanced. Was impressed with how Sweden played. Wise and Wahlstrom could end up being dynamite for Team USA in the future. They have never played against this tough of competition thus far, especially against the calibre of teams in the USHL nowadays. But I'll say for the hype surrounding them when they went against kids the same age they didn't stand out. So I'm with you guys in saying that I expected more out of those two. But it's early in their careers and the microscope is already on them. Other players rose up though, especially Farabee and Wilde. I made a post about them in the other board following the team. Good luck to the 4 teams moving on tomorrow:handclap:

The Youth Olympics was arguably stronger competition. Wise was good, not great. Wahlstrom was MIA.

Team USA should have played better given its talent. Just an off tournament? or is it case of 'where there's smoke there's fire' when it comes to the program itself and the negative vibe around the team's coach.

On the upside, Wilde proved why he's so hyped. It will be interesting to see whether he sticks with the program through U18 or he goes the route of Hanifin/Werenski and goes the college route a year early...he's a big kid, physically mature for his age.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad