U17: 2016 World U-17 Hockey Challenge (Oct 27 - Nov 5)

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Russia - Canada 0-1 in U17 tournament? These kids play like fully old guys. Of course, two of our best guys played being sick, but we had the whole lot of other players.

Last edited:

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
gee, russian team is plain awful. i didn't have much hopes but it is quite a revelation that they are so bad.

I don't think the Russian team has been that bad. If anything, through three games I think the teams have looked very even. It will be interesting to see how the tournament turns out. Honestly, I think that any of them has a good shot at winning. It seems more evenly matched than other years...at least as I can recall.

wishywashy19

Dec 14, 2011
I don't think the Russian team has been that bad. If anything, through three games I think the teams have looked very even. It will be interesting to see how the tournament turns out. Honestly, I think that any of them has a good shot at winning. It seems more evenly matched than other years...at least as I can recall.

I have had the opportunity to watch most of Canada's games and I agree that the completion is as close as I can remember.
I am disappointed by the lack of attendance as I have attended this tourney before at other venues where there was great deal of support
Hopefully the weekend will change that.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
not impressed with USA team when compared to canada that has feilded a diluted cast of 3 teams

over hyped

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
gee, russian team is plain awful. i didn't have much hopes but it is quite a revelation that they are so bad.

They've been good defensively and excellent in goal, but forward play has been mediocre other then the top line.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
These are the matchups for tomorrow:

SKknl6a.jpg

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
Why do they use the old clock system of counting down from 20 minutes?

To clarify I mean announcing time of goals.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I have 12:21:laugh:

Yeah, it changed. It was 14:59 before. Now it's 12:21. I've noticed it does that in a few of the games I've watched. It's entertaining because it maintains the element of surprise re when the game is actually going to end.

Edit - now it's 8:53.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
Yeah, it changed. It was 14:59 before. Now it's 12:21. I've noticed it does that in a few of the games I've watched. It's entertaining because it maintains the element of surprise re when the game is actually going to end.

Edit - now it's 8:53.

True

With the talent on this US team, they have not been as good as I thought they would be.
Playing more individually than the usual fast, puck possession, quick passing teams of the past.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I'm liking what I'm seeing from Carl Jakobsson so far. He has really good production in J18 too, wonder why he hasn't been given a chance with the J20 team? Seems odd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad