U17: 2016 World U-17 Hockey Challenge (Oct 27 - Nov 5)

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Soon time for the U17's. This time it's held in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada from October 27th to November 5th.

Tournament link: http://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/National-Championships/Men/World-U17/2016/Schedule-Results-old

Group A
Canada Black
Canada White
Czech Republic
United States

Group B
Canada Red
Finland
Russia
Sweden

Swedish roster: http://www.swehockey.se/globalasset...er-27-november-5-2016/roster_swe_nov_2016.pdf¨
Canadian roster: http://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/news/2016-wu17hc-canadian-u17-rosters-unveiled
Czech roster: https://twitter.com/juniorskyhokej/status/786548558803701760?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
Russian roster: http://fhr.ru/en/main/ofnews/card/?id_4=12574

Schedule: http://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/Na...World-U17/2016/Stats/Schedule?tournament=true

Last edited:

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
:eek:

Thought it's played late in November, glad I was wrong though.
I don't like how the groups are the same as last year, I would rather have two EU teams per group.

Czech U17 is going to have some exhibition games in few days, I expect the roster to be announced shortly after.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
This Swedish age group has been hyped up for a while. Will be interesting to see how they perform against some really good competition.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Why they moving the tournamant earlier all the time? First January, then November and now October..

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Why they moving the tournamant earlier all the time? First January, then November and now October..

Also seems pretty stupid to me as most kids are just getting their feet wet at higher levels.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Not sure, should Russia play all the bests. Khovanov and Denisenko play great in the MHL, which way better for them, than play vs 16 yo.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Antropov didn't make u17s? Out of 60 + players really? Someone please tell me he's ineligible because it doesn't make sense....... :help:

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague

Looking forward to see Zabransky, Dostal, Blumel and Kvasnica.

On the other hand really dissapointed Sedlak and Jenik didn't make it. Thought Had and Adamek would make it too.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa

On the other hand really dissapointed Sedlak and Jenik didn't make it. Thought Had and Adamek would make it too.

Yeah this will be fun to watch! Also surprised Jenik didn't make the team.
I'm personally excited to see Strondala, Malik, and Bernath

This team is good enough to get at least a bronze

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
Yeah this will be fun to watch! Also surprised Jenik didn't make the team.
I'm personally excited to see Strondala, Malik, and Bernath

This team is good enough to get at least a bronze

That good eh?

I don't share the optimism. There are some nice individuals, excellent goalie, but I don't expect much. Expecting worse showing than last year. I would be happy to be wrong though :).

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I feel like if the team won the tournament he wouldn't be included here.

That could be the case.

Although, it doesn't seem that he is ready to compete for a U20 spot, so maybe he would have gone in any event. Day and Ekblad both played at the tournament twice (although neither had been at Hlinka during the summer in between).

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
That good eh?

I don't share the optimism. There are some nice individuals, excellent goalie, but I don't expect much. Expecting worse showing than last year. I would be happy to be wrong though :).

Anything is possible :) But I'm a strong believer in defence winning championships. This years defence is far stronger then last years. Paired with a really good goalie, I don't see why they can't do better. I guess we will see soon :)

joey16

Dec 27, 2010

Wow.. Jenik didn't make it huh.. ? I would believe that he is a lock.. I'm not a big fan of telling how good a player is based just on stats but what could possibly be wrong with that kid, he is almost PPG in U20, most of the players on that team isn't even close to that... well, I hope the coaches know better..
Also, I'm little disappointed that there are no 2001 players like Teply or Raska..
Anyway, looking forward to this tournament, should be exciting to see new faces again.. and guys, it's getting closer.. this is the roster from which may a lot of players play at home WJC 2020 :)

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Canada has released the rosters for the individual teams (Red, Black, White):

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/news/2016-wu17hc-canadian-u17-rosters-unveiled

dNLsIAr.jpg

rshskMT.jpg

PBwfLat.jpg

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Team Russia final roster:

GK
Georgiy Dubrovskiy
Daniil Isayev
Amir Miftakhov

D
Alexey Drobin
Danila Galenyuk
Roman Kalinichenko
Anton Malyshev
Daniil Misyul
Nikita Okhotyuk
Bogdan Zhilyakov
Danila Zhuravlyov

FW
Maxim Denezhkin
Grigoriy Denisenko
Pavel Gogolev
Alexandr Khovanov
Pavel Koreshkov
Vladislav Kotkov
Grigoriy Nesvetayev
Pavel Rotenberg
Nikita Rtishchev
Maxim Shabanov
Yegor Sokolov
Andrey Svechnikov

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
Wow.. Jenik didn't make it huh.. ? I would believe that he is a lock.. I'm not a big fan of telling how good a player is based just on stats but what could possibly be wrong with that kid, he is almost PPG in U20, most of the players on that team isn't even close to that... well, I hope the coaches know better..
Also, I'm little disappointed that there are no 2001 players like Teply or Raska..
Anyway, looking forward to this tournament, should be exciting to see new faces again.. and guys, it's getting closer.. this is the roster from which may a lot of players play at home WJC 2020 :)

Yeah Jenik not making it is odd. Hopefully the coach knows what is he doing though. I was really hoping Teply would make it, goal per game in the U18 league, the only U17 player with more goals is Blumel. And he is a big guy, too.

Does anyone know if free streams of all games have been confirmed? Last year's streams were great. (Solid quality and good commentators)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad