World Cup: 2016 World Cup — Team Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Klingberg seems to be playing really well in Dallas if he keeps this level of play up maybe we will even have 3 pairings with top notch right handed d-men (EK, Strålman, Klingberg)

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
So was Jimmie Ericsson in Sotchi. While he also outscored "NHL-star" Landeskog.

Landeskog is still a better player than Jimmie. Landeskog will be 23 years old in 2016, Jimmie will be 36.

And it will be played in small rinks.

SuddenFoppaLidas

Jan 19, 2014
It's gonna be real hard to leave some players out of this team.

My team:

Zetterberg, Bäckström, Nyquist; D. Sedin, H. Sedin, Hörnqvist; Steen, Söderberg, Eriksson; Landeskog, Krüger, Lindholm; Forsberg. (Hagelin).

Hedman, Strålman; Ekman-Larsson, Karlsson; Hjalmarsson, Brodin; Kronwall. (Lindholm).

Lundqvist, Lehner. (Enroth).

Many very good players who would compete for a place, but this is what I'd pick.

helax

General Hockey Fan
Apr 2, 2013

My team:

Zetterberg, Bäckström, Nyquist; D. Sedin, H. Sedin, Hörnqvist; Steen, Söderberg, Eriksson; Landeskog, Krüger, Lindholm; Forsberg. (Hagelin).

Hedman, Strålman; Ekman-Larsson, Karlsson; Hjalmarsson, Brodin; Kronwall. (Lindholm).

Many very good players who would compete for a place, but this is what I'd pick.

Lindholm over Brodin otherwise a nice D

TheTwelfth

Jan 6, 2014
The Tardis
Lindholm over Brodin otherwise a nice D

Why not both? Last Olympics had 8 d men. That d-core is getting ridiculously stacked now. Management will probably make sure to leave someone off to bring in a someone like S. Kronwall or Tallinder instead -.-

nwaZ*

My team:

OEL was disastrous next to Karlsson in Sotchi. Ain't gonna go there again.

I actually doubt MÃ¥rts will pick him again if he is still in charge then. It was a pretty brutal benching.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
OEL worked just fine with Karlsson in sotchi, people just focus on that he fell a couple of times, other than that he was good. I didnt understand why he was benched, he was much better than Kronwall, Hjalmarsson and Oduya. Oh well I understand it from MÃ¥rts perspective, his favorite Edler come back and he didnt want to change the already made up d-men formations, even if they didnt work very good in my view, the only one that was decent among those 4 was Ericsson.

Lindholm is good, but I was even more impressed by him last season. He has put on some muscle and become stronger this season, but I do think it has affect his mobility/speed in the wrong way. So it is a little of take and give situation for him.

Klingberg has also look very good, a player that I didnt even think about before this season. So who knows what players will be up there by that time. It will be a hard fight unless MÃ¥rts has already made up his mind about who will be in the team.

SuddenFoppaLidas

Jan 19, 2014
Hedman, Strålman, Ekman-Larsson, Karlsson, Hjalmarsson, Kronwall, Lindholm, Brodin, Edler, Enström, Ericsson, Oduya, Klingberg.. We've got quite a few good D's. And Tallinder played in last Olympics..

Last edited:

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Sedin - Sedin - Zetterberg
Steen - Berglund - Lindholm
Forsberg - Bäckström - Eriksson
Landeskog - Söderberg - Franzén
Johansson - Nyquist

Klingberg - Karlsson
Hedman - Strålman
Hjalmarsson - Grossmann
Ekman-Larsson or Brodin or Lindholm - Nemeth

Lundqvist
Enroth
Lehner

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Sedin - Sedin - Zetterberg
Steen - Berglund - Lindholm
Forsberg - Bäckström - Eriksson
Landeskog - Söderberg - Franzén
Johansson - Nyquist

Klingberg - Karlsson
Hedman - Strålman
Hjalmarsson - Grossmann
Ekman-Larsson or Brodin or Lindholm - Nemeth

Lundqvist
Enroth
Lehner

Why do you keep insisting on having Berglund as a top 6 player for a swedish best on best team? He is clearly not even good enough to make this roster let alone play in the top 6.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Why do you keep insisting on having Berglund as a top 6 player for a swedish best on best team? He is clearly not even good enough to make this roster let alone play in the top 6.

the same can be said about loui eriksson.

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
Stop the Grossman fascination. He won't play for us in 2016.

Klingberg might get a chance if he keeps on like this.

Hjalmarsson - EK65
Hedman - Strålman
OEL - Klingberg
Kronwall - Brodin

nwaZ*

We need some toughness and guys who can clear the crease. I'm thinking a bottom pairing of Grossmann-Murray.

:sarcasm:

Your old Jofa helmet

Oct 2, 2006
Toronto
Hagelin was excellent for Tre Kronor with the limited role he had. I'd rather have him than someone unproven. He's one of the fastest players in the game, can kill penalties and good offensively

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Hagelin was excellent for Tre Kronor with the limited role he had. I'd rather have him than someone unproven. He's one of the fastest players in the game, can kill penalties and good offensively
His hands are to bad for him to ever be productive offensively, however in a limited role he is awesome yes but I would not want him to play on a scoring line.

Your old Jofa helmet

Oct 2, 2006
Toronto
His hands are to bad for him to ever be productive offensively, however in a limited role he is awesome yes but I would not want him to play on a scoring line.

Sweden has far better players for the top 6 so it should not be an issue. Having said that, Hagelin was probably better than many others in Sochi and can still score given the chance even in the limited role

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
I like Hagelin in a 4th line role.

Hagelin - Krüger - Landeskog might be something.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
We need Hagelin's speed. Most of our forwards are good skaters overall but aren't fast so he really stands out.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
I like Hagelin in a 4th line role.

Hagelin - Krüger - Landeskog might be something.

Or maybe if Burakovsky continues to develope a third line of Hagelin - Burakovsky - Johansson that line would be crazy fast

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006

Because he have had his breakthru on our national team. In 2011. 8 goals in 9 games in the WC. He's big, talented and skilled and would work perfect with Hagelin or Landeskog. A perfect role player.

He's not really a top 6 player but a line with Berglund would be perfect to send in when the faceoff is in the offensive zone. In that case with Steen and Franzén etc.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Because he have had his breakthru on our national team. In 2011. 8 goals in 9 games in the WC. He's big, talented and skilled and would work perfect with Hagelin or Landeskog. A perfect role player.

He's not really a top 6 player but a line with Berglund would be perfect to send in when the faceoff is in the offensive zone. In that case with Steen and Franzén etc.

As I said before, I couple of years ago yes, but he is not the same player right now.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012

Keywords. Pääjärvi had 7 points in that tournament, why not bring him too?

Berglund is not national team material anymore. Bäckström, Zetterberg, Sedin, Söderberg, Lindholm, Kruger, Johansson & even Backlund are guys capable of playing center that I would choose before Berglund right now.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Keywords. Pääjärvi had 7 points in that tournament, why not bring him too? Or Stålberg.

Berglund, 66 years old, is not national team material anymore. R.I.P. Lindholm, Kruger & Backlund are guys capable of playing center that I would choose BEFORE Berglund any day of the weak.

Pääjärvi was quite good then! I also believe our top six players will be on two lines and that our two bottom lines will be more defensive. And as I said before we would have the opportunity use big players on our bottom pairings this tournament. AND, this is made possible because we have wingers with great speed in Johansson, Landeskog and Hagelin. Thus no Krüger or Lindholm as centers in my book. Söderberg - Berglund, or Backlund if he continues to take steps forward. Size will be extra important on a smaller ice surface.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad