2016 WHL Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmortens

Jan 5, 2014
Kelowna
Break it down

Goal Bow over Papirny

Defence Brandon (Prorov best dman in WHL)

Forward Even Barzil and Patrick almost a scratch because of Brandon depth with Hawryluk, Quenneville and McGauley

Experience Brandon because of last years run

Brandon by a hair 7 games Brandon gets what they missed out on last year in the league final

I'm sorry but even with Provorov for Brandon the Seattle defence will be quite a bit better. They are very big and give up very few chances. When they do give up scoring chances Bow is pretty solid in net. It's going to come down to Brandon's offence vs. Seattle's defence.

Hordichuk_24

I'm sorry but even with Provorov for Brandon the Seattle defence will be quite a bit better. They are very big and give up very few chances. When they do give up scoring chances Bow is pretty solid in net. It's going to come down to Brandon's offence vs. Seattle's defence.

I just had this argument with another person. They look at Seattle's defense, don't see that obvious "star player" and assume Brandon's defense is better. That would be a wrong assumption. As a team Seattle definitely defends better than Brandon despite not having a real stud defenseman. At the end of the day the team that is better at defending and has the better goaltending (Seattle, win both those categories quite definitively, IMO) has the better odds of winning.

I think if the series becomes a specialty teams affair (which I truly hope doesn't happen) that favors Brandon. But other than that I think this Seattle team is a lot better.

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
So Vancouver Giants are moving to Langley. Very disappointed personally as I live close to UBC and there's not way I'm going out to Langley.

Never forget

Hordichuk_24

So Vancouver Giants are moving to Langley. Very disappointed personally as I live close to UBC and there's not way I'm going out to Langley.

Never forget

If it's any consolation nothing from this point on will ever compare to that. Hockey was a different game even then. And the best days of Giants hockey are gone. So at least you (me and many others) got to cherish those and see it at it's pinnacle. Half the hits from that Giants/Tigers series would be 5 minute majors with long ass suspensions nowadays. :shakehead

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
A homer opinion but Kisio should have got coach of the year over Lowry. The Hurricanes have been a dumpster fire for years, he changed the culture and created a huge turnaround from last year.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
A homer opinion but Kisio should have got coach of the year over Lowry. The Hurricanes have been a dumpster fire for years, he changed the culture and created a huge turnaround from last year.

Major thanks to peter anholt on hurricanes turnaround IMO

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
im gonna be crazy and go Seattle in 5.

They split the games in Brandon and then Seattle wins the next 3 at home for a 4-1 series win

Hordichuk_24

Seattle is definitely the more complete team. They aren't going to get much credit in this country and most seem to think Brandon will win handily but I'd argue those people aren't overly familiar with the rest of the league. I'll take the T-Birds in 6.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
It's gonna be a mad house in Seattle when they go back. They have a 2 for Tuesday type special where they have 2 dollar beer and all that type of stuff and it's already announced sold out. The crowd is already ridiculously loud and when they are downing all that beer, it's insane in that rink

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
bad luck for the Birds. IMO they should have won that game. Should have had a couple forsure after the 1st period.

Anyone can win this series

its funny cause I wouldn't be surprised if Birds win in 5, I wouldn't be surprised if Wheaties swept and also I wouldn't be surprised if it goes to game 7 triple OT. Gonna be good

Last edited:

Moveslikejagr247

Mar 8, 2015
bad luck for the Birds. IMO they should have won that game. Should have had a couple forsure after the 1st period.

Anyone can win this series

its funny cause I wouldn't be surprised if Birds win in 5, I wouldn't be surprised if Wheaties swept and also I wouldn't be surprised if it goes to game 7 triple OT. Gonna be good
they Should have won. i didn't Think brandon played that Good. seattle Dominated for the first 60 minutes and Then everything changed for Ot. i Think the shots were 10-0 in Ot. i completely Agree with you about nothing Would surprise me About how the series ends.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Not sure what game you guys were watching but from about halfway through the 2nd on it was all Brandon. They outshot Seattle something like 30 to 6 from that point on. Too much depth as Brandon rolled all 4 lines and 6 d and Seattle basically played 2 lines and 4 D.

Interesting game tonight, if Seattle can't answer back not sure if this series is going to be over quickly

kiable

Dec 15, 2014
Seattle played a good 25 mins to start and they should have won? From that point on Brandon took over. As someone previously mentioned Seattle tired out while Brandon was still fresh and that was with having the 3 TV timeouts each period in which they no longer have.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Anyone have a list of WHL Trades made at the Bantam Draft involving WHL players? I expected it to turn up on the WHL site or Elite Prospects but nothing, so far. I only know of two, where there any more?

-P.A. traded Dalton Yorke to Tri-City for a 3rd rounder
-Lethbridge traded Jayden Sittler and a 5th to Spokane for a 3rd and 7th

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Ah, forgot all about Gregg Drinnan

-The Victoria Royals have acquired F Blake Bargar, 18, from the Moose Jaw Warriors for a conditional eight-round selection in the 2018 bantam draft.
-The Regina Pats acquired F Nick Henry from the Everett Silvertips for a sixth-round pick and a conditional pick

Hordichuk_24

Seattle played a good 25 mins to start and they should have won? From that point on Brandon took over. As someone previously mentioned Seattle tired out while Brandon was still fresh and that was with having the 3 TV timeouts each period in which they no longer have.

If Papirny didn't make a couple of key saves early that game could have been over after 20 minutes. I didn't think either team was overly dominant in game 1. Seattle was better early, Brandon late (especially OT). A lucky bounce in OT ultimately decided the outcome. If Papirny can maintain this level of play I like Brandon's chances a lot more. I am not a big fan of his (I think he is really their weak link) but like I said if he can keep this up that could change my entire perspective on this series.

Brandon has looked dominant again tonight but with no score it's still anybody's game. The Wheaties certainly seem like they want it more. Seattle should be a team capable of using their size and physicality but Brandon is the far more physical team so far. I know some would say Brandon's speed is making it hard for Seattle to play physical but I don't believe it's that simple. I don't see that drive or desire from Seattle yet. Brandon is playing like they've been there before (which they have) and they are playing with that fire. Seattle needs to get something going for them soon and fast if they don't want this series to spiral out of control.

Moveslikejagr247

Mar 8, 2015
2-0. brandon Is getting very lucky. first There's campbell's shot in game 1 that Leads to kaspick's goal then bear's Shot hits coulter and goes in and Finally hawryluk scores from the corner Behind the goal line. could Very easily be 2-0 seattle. i'm Predicting seattle Takes 2/3 at home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad