GDT: 2016 Trade Deadline Part II || Well... this sucks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
It seems like Bergevin doesn't know if his team is gonna tank or make the playoffs.

Make a decision and stick with it. Either you sell or you buy but don't expect anything is gonna change if you stay status quo.

If they rely on Price's return to make the playoffs, then they are worst management in the whole league. It's mad to rush Carey back..

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
The main things I wanted MB to do today, acquire Yakupov and maybe Drouin, he can still do in the off season. At least he didn't tear the team apart and trade away our only valuable players.
Fire Therrien in the off season and see what the team, with some additions and subtractions in the off season, can do with a new coach.
To me, the line for Bergevin has been, fire Therrien this off season.

Could he have done more today, maybe, but maybe he doesn't want to do to much before letting a new coach evaluate what they have and then deciding what direction the team needs to go.
Keep Price out and play the kids for experience for the remainder.

I can live with that if numb nuts gets fired, if not, well another wasted season.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Bergevin came into work today and said "**** it, I don't feel like doing my job"

And he did just that... Nothing, absolutely NOTHING!

unfortunately for us, you're wrong about that.

Had he actually come in and done nothing, we'd be better off... instead he couldn't help himself and went out to save another member of the grinders brotherhood from waiver time/ahl...

i wish he could have just spent the day at his tailors

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
So what you're saying is that you are happy with this? What do you expect to see at draft, at UFA, in the summer. Nothing? We staying pat? Wait till Price saves us?

Would've been happy to see Markov and Plekanec gone but I get that these type of deals are done more around the draft. I expect the Habs to draft around 7th to 9th overall, hopefully they do everything to get Dubois, if not, McLeod.

The Price saves us philosophie is a good experience for Bergevin, like everyone else, he sees that you just can't depend on your goalie alone which is why I think they should change coaches this summer, they must implement a different system come next season...I sure as hell won't go on these childish tirades telling my GM to **** off because he didn't make any significant move in a trade deadline that saw 10 deals all day.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
At least we are not Vancouver. Supposedly they declined a 1st and Dano for Hamuis. They failed to move Vrbata as well.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
It seems like Bergevin doesn't know if his team is gonna tank or make the playoffs.

Make a decision and stick with it. Either you sell or you buy but don't expect anything is gonna change if you stay status quo.

If they rely on Price's return to make the playoffs, then they are worst management in the whole league. It's mad to rush Carey back..

that would require:
- a vision
- a plan to execute on that vision
- the courage of conviction to stick with it
- ability to learn and adjust when needed

MB hasn't shown any ability in those crucial aspects of leadership in any of the 4 years he's been here, no reason to expect him to change now.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
You can't say that. Perhaps Walsh advised Drouin not to do this all along...

Drouin can still get traded.
The trade deadline is only about players who play. You can technically still trade Drouin for a bunch of picks but he won't be able to play.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Would've been happy to see Markov and Plekanec gone but I get that these type of deals are done more around the draft. I expect the Habs to draft around 7th to 9th overall, hopefully they do everything to get Dubois, if not, McLeod.

The Price saves us philosophie is a good experience for Bergevin, like everyone else, he sees that you just can't depend on your goalie alone which is why I think they should change coaches this summer, they must implement a different system come next season...I sure as hell won't go on these childish tirades telling my GM to **** off because he didn't make any significant move in a trade deadline that saw 10 deals all day.

*People have been telling your GM to **** off because he didn't make any significant move...in his entire tenure with MTL.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Kris Russel is UFA

Why do you want the other players, I thought we were tanking...what about making room for our young players??

You guys dont even know what you're complaining about anymore

I guess you're the new MonctonScout now. The guy that agrees with absolutely everything the management and coach does.

MB's job is to make this team better. He hasn't. Today was his last chance before this summer to make a deal to improve this team. He hasn't done **** because he's too chicken **** or just simply too incompetent.

Just wait until next year right? Just bring on the excuses again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad