GDT: 2016 Trade Deadline Part II || Well... this sucks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorty

May 7, 2013
The average GM doesn't sit on his hands for 4 years and pretend like everything's ok when this team is THE WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE.

The average GM doesn't defend his coach to death and ship out assets for nothing because he arbitrarily doesn't like the player. The average GM doesn't throw out extensions like god damn candy to every 2-bit crappy NHL player on the roster. The average GM doesn't fill his team with 4th liners, adding them nonstop when you claim you are building through the draft and that your young players will fill the team's (many) holes.

The average GM is significantly better than our GM.

Yeah, shipping out good assets like Sekac who is doing such as wonderful job right now. :laugh: Not a single player that left the Habs in the last 4 years is doing a greater job on a different team right now, except maybe PAP... but PAP is playing top minutes now.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Not sure why you quoted that post to say that ? Would have made more sense to quote my other post on the subject ? If that's what you meant to do, then yes I agree, but I was talking about immediate help. If he trades Drouin now he'll not get a player who can help in the playoffs.

Because I knew it would ruffle your feathers :p

Yes I meant to quote the other guy.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
We should all be thrilled. Another 4th line grinder move from Bergevin!!!

"See, he did trade(s)"

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
MB realizes the real habs problem lies within the 3rd and 4th lines, which explains his constant focus on these lines
:sarcasm:

you guys dont understand!

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I will say this. MB is a bright man. By acquiring Matteau and Danault two local guys he is sure to not be criticized by the media and fans.

I could say it's an individualissseee move though. Doesn't upgrade the team by save his ***.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Stéphane Leroux providing analysis on Stefan Matteau:

"Stun positif dans le sens que Smith-Pelley s'en va pour un québécois."

:laugh:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I could be wrong, but isn't Matteau a better version of DSP? Believe he has wheels.

1.5 year younger, significantly less established at the NHL level and less productive as a pro...

but he does have franco & NHL grinder heritage, which this leadership team does value.

Matteau
NHL TOTAL NHL 44 3 2 5 -10 23 0 0 0 - 52 0.11
AHL TOTAL AHL 128 25 28 53 15 106 6 0 8 - 211 0.41

DSP
NHL TOTAL NHL 195 21 34 55 -9 64 1 2 5 - 258 0.28
AHL TOTAL AHL 124 41 35 76 -20 96 15 3 2 - 249 0.61

not really disappointed to see DSP go, but not at all exctited to see matteau coming in.

strange thing is that MB goes out and gets yet another player with a bad reputation/history as far as attitude/maturity goes...

http://www.si.com/nhl/home-ice/2013...s-time-for-devils-prospect-matteau-to-grow-up

Devils giving up on him pretty soon despite having been a recent 1st round pick and having a lack of W depth at NHL level not very promising either.

on the positive side, he played with McCarron in the USHL... not sure if they ever were linemates, but hopefully there was some positive connection/relationship there.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I will say this. MB is a bright man. By acquiring Matteau and Danault two local guys he is sure to not be criticized by the media and fans.

I could say it's an individualissseee move though. Doesn't upgrade the team by save his ***.

Have some local talent to compensate for the summer departure of DD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad