GDT: 2016 Trade Deadline Part II || Well... this sucks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto
Do you think it is a coincidence that we start winning games when we get good goaltending?

He was OK most of the year ... behind a badly coached team. Not playing DD 18 minutes helped a lot IMO.

In order to keep MT, they will sell us that it was ONLY because of Price that we didn't make the playoffs.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
After this move you absolutely CANNOT get on my case for making fun of Bergevin's OBVIOUS fetish for grinders.
Not even grinders, but stooges. The kind who can either skate but can't hit, or who can hit but can't skate, or who can fight but can't do anything else.

The BargainBin Legacy

yRessUneChose

yRessUneBarbe
Jun 7, 2015
After this move you absolutely CANNOT get on my case for making fun of Bergevin's OBVIOUS fetish for grinders.

coporal Bargainbin was a grinder type of D(#6-7th), Sergent Therrien probably a whole lot of new soldiers to play his grinding style

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
As Bergevin didn't put Gilbert on LTIR, can anyone tell me if it is possible to trade him to a cap-tight team? Could be a good asset for them to get rid of a contract and lower cap

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Bergevin can work magic to acquire bottom 6 and depth D, but to actually get high end players he is completely lost and out of his league.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
He was OK most of the year ... behind a badly coached team. Not playing DD 18 minutes helped a lot IMO.

In order to keep MT, they will sell us that it was ONLY because of Price that we didn't make the playoffs.

Goaltending was worst in the league. That's nowhere close to "Okay".

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
Not even grinders, but stooges. The kind who can either skate but can't hit, or who can hit but can't skate, or who can fight but can't do anything else.

The BargainBin Legacy

Uhh ever heard of Jack of all trades, master of none?

I'd rather have a guy master 1 thing than be meh at everything :sarcasm:

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007

No doubt the lack of scoring is a problem too, but we were rolling with a team save% of sub .900 for a couple months. That's just not going to cut it. Nice to see Condon play well recently though.

Mad Brills*

my god. I'm laughing out loud of how ****ing predictable this was.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Goaltending was worst in the league. That's nowhere close to "Okay".

I feel like this need to be reposted.

This is during the Guy Boucher era :

Roloson .912 SV% 34 games
Smith .899 SV% 22 games
Ellis .899 SV% 31 games

So for 53 games he had to deal with .899 SV% and the team record was 26 - 13 - 7 with Smith and Ellis in net during the regular season. Still think it's too much to ask the Habs' play around .500 without Price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad