GDT: 2016 Trade Deadline Part II || Well... this sucks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
What GM has traded for a player with term today???

So what you're saying is that you are happy with this? What do you expect to see at draft, at UFA, in the summer. Nothing? We staying pat? Wait till Price saves us?

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
for anyone who might say how fans are hard on Bergevin etc; I think a whole lot of people after going through Gauthier thought management would change. They hired back dinosaur Therrien,,,, and it went sort of downhill from there.

I can people have given a lot of leash for Bergevin for the past 2years,,,,especially this season(I honestly believe that Bergevin going in front of the media defending Therrien did a whole lot of damage for himself...)

The team winning 16 play-off games over the last two years buys
him a long leash. Making the play-offs the first three years also helps
his bosses bottom line. But he did fail miserably at the one thing that
matters. That is proving how smart HF posters are, by doing as they
would.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
He's been terrible, but how many trades took on salary passed this year ?

YOU DON'T ****ING ACQUIRE CONTRACTS WITH TERM ON THIS DAY.

He has until training camp. If the team is pretty much the same he needs to go. If he doesn't fire Therrien, he needs to go.

WHEN training camp comes and Therrien is still there, Desharnais is still there, and the team is still made up of 10 4th line players, if you push the deadline back with another set of Loser Bergevin excuses you have to get a tattoo of my choice. Deal?

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
He's been terrible, but how many trades took on salary passed this year ?

YOU DON'T ****ING ACQUIRE CONTRACTS WITH TERM ON THIS DAY.

He has until training camp. If the team is pretty much the same he needs to go. If he doesn't fire Therrien, he needs to go.
It's his fault he added TERM to Markov and Plekanec by inking them to extensions. So yes, it's still ON HIM because he's so clingy with these "reliable" assets but is so skeptical with regards to bonafide skill guys, even atheists would envy his skepticism.

Lorty

May 7, 2013
I like how Bergevin is seen as the "worst GM" when there was about SEVEN trades in the entire league today. I also like how apparently shipping Weise and Fleischmann doesn't count because "it wasn't made during the trade deadline day".

You guys act like this team can go and sell about 4-5 players when the average GM didn't achieve a single trade today.

This board...

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
honestly, its logical to think most of the trades we would make is in the off season

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I like how Bergevin is seen as the "worst GM" when there was about SEVEN trades in the entire league today. I also like how apparently shipping Weise and Fleischmann doesn't count because "it wasn't made during the trade deadline day".

You guys act like this team can go and sell about 4-5 players when the average GM didn't achieve a single trade today.

This board...

That's second guessing. No excuses.

incognito Burrito*

WHEN training camp comes and Therrien is still there, Desharnais is still there, and the team is still made up of 10 4th line players, if you push the deadline back with another set of Loser Bergevin excuses you have to get a tattoo of my choice. Deal?

If Therrien isn't fired, Bergevin should be fired.

I said i agree that Bergevin is terrible. I'm telling you, you can't trade players with term left at the deadline, especially considering the cap might go down.

If you don't get that, you really shouldn't watch hockey as obvious things are waaaay too complex for you.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Don't understand what Yzerman is doing. Stamkos is gonna be an UFA, he's poised for another playoffs run, he could/should have moved Drouin for immediate help, no?

taking a big risk... must really feel strongly about sending a message to the other young players in the organization, but gotta wonder if he let that thought carry too much weight.

could blow up in his face badly...

Worst GM in the league.
Worst Coach and coaching staff in the NHL.
Worst Coach and coaching staff in the AHL.
A moronic owner who is lucky he was born into a rich family since he is absolutely clueless about hockey and business management.

Well, there is Benning in Vancouver who is giving MB a run for his money... hard to argue with the other two points.

ohiohabsfan

Jan 5, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
Worst GM in the league.
Worst Coach and coaching staff in the NHL.
Worst Coach and coaching staff in the AHL.
A moronic owner who is lucky he was born into a rich family since he is absolutely clueless about hockey and business management.

The current Montreal Canadiens are a joke and a disgrace to the jersey. Fire all those losers and may they burn in Hell.

With posts like this, at times, you can add worst fanbase in the NHL.

This post is ridiculous.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
That TSN trade deadline show- one of the most exciting shows in recent memory. Too bad I slept through most of it.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Shane Prince (RFA)
Eric Gélinas
Brandon Pirri (RFA)
Kris Russel (RFA)

Kris Russel is UFA

Why do you want the other players, I thought we were tanking...what about making room for our young players??

You guys dont even know what you're complaining about anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad