GDT: 2016 Trade Deadline Part II || Well... this sucks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I am pretty sure he is an American

Nobody cares of where he's born. He has a french last name, from a french father, and he speaks french. He will be treated as a franco here. Just like Giroux would have been treated like a Quebecer too if he would have been here.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Its nearly impossible to make a real impactful hockey trade nowadays. Just ask Bergevin.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Good news for the other GM's in the NHL is if they're trying to dump a 4th line grinder call Marc Bergevin.. He is your friend and he's happy to help.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I wonder if we could field an entire line up of 3rd and 4th liners.

De La Rose-Desharnais-Mitchell
Byron-Eller-Flynn
Matteau-McCarron-Brown
Lessio-Danault-Carr

HOLY HELL, we can field an entire roster of 3rd and 4th liners. This is nuts, I've never seen anything like this. The funny part is, these are players on the roster right now wiht only Desharnais and Carr being hurt. Insane.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Nobody cares of where he's born. He has a french last name, from a french father, and he speaks french. He will be treated as a franco here. Just like Giroux would have been treated like a Quebecer too if he would have been here.

Heck, look at Bouillon...

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
I don't know what people expect really, he traded the 2 UFAs we had for good return.

Hockey trades mostly have to wait until the summer now when teams can work it into the cap better (especially with cap holding flat or even falling now).

You don't know ?

People would still complain if MB traded DSP, Weise and Flash for a top 6 bonafide 40 goals scorer.

And since the return is guys with Francophone names, the whining is real.

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto

Byron-Eller-Flynn
Matteau-McCarron-Brown
Lessio-Danault-

HOLY HELL, we can almost field an entire roster of 3rd and 4th liners. This is nuts, I've never seen anything like this. The funny part is, these are players on the roster right now wiht only Desharnais being hurt. Insane.

Carr

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Stéphane Leroux providing analysis on Stefan Matteau:

"Stun positif dans le sens que Smith-Pelley s'en va pour un québécois."

:laugh:

we all know that this was a major part of the move...

DSP sounded like he was on the verge of crying. No?

i was not a big fan of trading sekac for him, nor of his generally ineffective play for us... but i also think that with a better head coach, we could have got a lot more out of him, and i won't be surprised to see him do well elsewhere... was a kid who needed to do some maturing as a pro, but had all the tools & seemed to genuinely love playing here/fit in well with the team.

bad decision given the return is more of what we already have in spades and less of what we need (DSP being a better current and future potential offensive contributor)

:laugh:......your right but you know what I mean, every team says the same thing every year, it's not an isolated incident.

except in franchise that have excellent leadership... You don't hear that from the truly elite sport management teams in the sport world.

until we get that kind of leadership, i don't really see the point in trying to make excuses/soften the fair criticism levied on mediocre-or-worse leadership groups...

but i expect the team to want to build a winner, not just make money ;)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Typo during Marc-Edouard Vlasic's interview on Spanre within the hour, which they corrected halfway through but not before this showed for an extended time:

101h7r.jpg

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Well, that went as expected. No chance this team goes into full rebuild mode (with Subban, Price and Pacioretty at their prime) with reason. Sad Bergevin couldn't get rid of Desharnais but he has basically negative value.

Oh well, what a terrible TD. Probably the worst since I've started following hockey 15 years ago.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Byron-Eller-Flynn
Matteau-McCarron-Brown
Lessio-Danault-

HOLY HELL, we can almost field an entire roster of 3rd and 4th liners. This is nuts, I've never seen anything like this. The funny part is, these are players on the roster right now wiht only Desharnais being hurt. Insane.

that is impressive...

I've been wrong about Bergevin all along, he DOES have a plan & a vision... make the habs THE premier grinder halfway house of the league.

sly as fox that man is.:laugh:

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Stéphane Leroux providing analysis on Stefan Matteau:

"Stun positif dans le sens que Smith-Pelley s'en va pour un québécois."

:laugh:

wow this just in people like to see local kids on their team shocker

people in toronto say it about toronto players, people in new york say it about new york kids, but it's only an issue when it's a Quebecer. Interesting.

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
Well, that went as expected. No chance this team goes into full rebuild mode (with Subban, Price and Pacioretty at their prime) with reason. Sad Bergevin couldn't get rid of Desharnais but he has basically negative value.

Oh well, what a terrible TD. Probably the worst since I've started following hockey 15 years ago.

This is the most depressed I've been in 15 years following this team. I wasn't even this depressed after a major breakup. At least then I knew there was a hope for a fresh start. There is no light at the end of the tunnel with this regime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad