GDT: 2016 Trade Deadline Day Part II : 3 PM approaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I know, we should bring back the previous guy who traded Boychuck and Seguin for not close to market value right?

They're pretty close now. Sweeney flushing assets down the toilet for no reason whatsoever. Another #7 defenseman and a 30-40 point 3rd liner. Disgusting.

The Garden needs to be full of boo-birds for the remainder of the season.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I dont know if this is on Cam or Don but Don's gonna cop it. Hes where Chia was with me when he was fired.

If you believe what was out there Chia was ready to give up real (crippling) assets for a weak push last year- What Sweeney gave up was nothing in comparison.

They're pretty close now. Sweeney flushing assets down the toilet for no reason whatsoever. Another #7 defenseman and a 30-40 point 3rd liner. Disgusting.

The Garden needs to be full of boo-birds for the remainder of the season.

Stempnaik is already over 40 pts on the year. . . just saying

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
My question is.What are Bruins trying to do here?? Are we building for a good future core here or getting guys over 30 and giving up assets to try and win now? They seem like they have no direction.

Future:
Heinen
Lauzon
Bjork
Fitzgerald
Donato
Senyshyn
JFK
Gabrielle
Carlo
Zboril
DeBrusk
Vatrano
Acciari
Kuraly
McIntyre/Subban

And I may be forgetting some. You are overreacting.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
a cash strapped team like Carolina getting a 3RD and 5TH plus camara for j.m. liles was a very good return. They were desparate to unload salary and don Sweeney should have realized that and just offered a 7th round pick at the last minute and Carolina would have taken it just to get rid of the salary.
Then don trades a 2ND and 4 TH For stempniak. Don will soon realize that draft picks are gold in a salary cap world and he will have aging veterans retire or walk at the end of the year. what a sad deadline day for bruins fans, don Sweeney should have just done nothing.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
It's a 3rd and a 5th. Camara is nothing.

Would have preferred that it was a 4th... But we have 2 1st round picks. Relax. We can get a 4th/5th back by trading Loui's rights.

Yeah, because dealing Loui today would have been "bad for business". Who the hell wants a top prospect and a high draft pick when we can recover a 4th round pick we sent for a 33 year old D man?

A very disappointing deadline.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Not happy about losing a 2nd, but Stempniak is a quality player.

2ka RasK*

Well I mean who needs to build through the draft right?! 2,3,4,5 picks gone for... JM Liles and Stempniak who was at our training camp lmfao

2 firsts and a second still in this years weak draft

the other picks could be 3 years from now

we dont know yet

next years draft is so much better

Dreghorn2

He's a Good Boy!
Feb 8, 2005
So in a salary cap league where draft picks are precious, (the more you have the greater the odds of finding entry level contracts for your roster), we traded a 2,3,4, and a 5 for a couple months of Stempniak and Liles.

Interesting.

Doesn't exactly reek of dynamic innovative management to me.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
I wanted Loui traded, but at the end of the day I'm looking forward to a little playoff hockey. All can do now is get behind 'em.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Price for NJ's leading scorer is fair at 2nd and a 4th.

The fact he could of been had for free last Sept. is inconsequential.

Whether you agree with the direction (buying vs. selling) or not (and I don't), the price Sweeney paid is certainly fair.

I would of been happier if the 2nd was Koko or even Griffith but that's splitting hairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad