GDT: 2016 Trade Deadline Day Part II : 3 PM approaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Is it confirmed that the Bruins are done?
Any potential for late trades rolling through like past years?

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
So, if the Redline report is right that the draft is weak after the mid 2nd round; then the assets lost this year are fairly minimal. We still have two 1sts and a 2nd this year after all; and the Edmonton 2nd next year to replace ours. And Camara wasn't doing anything here, he's an AHL guy, or maybe a fringe fourth liner.

I would have preferred we sell on Eriksson too; but we are definitely a better team now than prior.

I agree with this but we are still stuck with Koko, who will probably bolt to Russia next year instead of signing here again.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Pressure on Bruins to play well and pick up a lot of points in March is now officially HUGE.

2,3,4,5 rounders for two rentals. LE poised to walk for nothing or maybe a 6 (a la Yeti)

Just a reminder to all, what we face:

8 playoff teams.
4 non playoff teams.

6 home games in which we suck.
5 away games (including West Coast)

HOME
CAL 27
CHI 2
WAS 1
FLA 7
CAR 21
NYI 11

AWAY
SJ 14
ANA 8
NYR 11
NJ 18
TOT 30

Bad Hat Harry

Michael Scarn
Sep 27, 2010
Boston, MA
Funny.

People have been complaining for years about trading away roster players for draft picks, and seemingly getting nothing in return

Now we trade draft picks for bonafide players, and they still aren't happy

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
We gave up A second round pick. But we had two of em from the Boychuk deal.

And it sounds like this one is for 2017.

So we still have (at least) three picks in the first two rounds this season.

But the future is mortgaged!! :sarcasm:

Okay - thanks! That's great to hear.

The two deals today we're both good. I don't think there should be debate on that.

However, deals which did not happen is arguably another story.

shackattack

Dec 9, 2015
Liles is not good. Stempniak is a 3rd liner.

Why are we optimistic over depth moves we did not need in the first place in exchange for five assets? Incredible. This team is going to need to claw it's way to the playoffs.

This team needed a big move, a direction. We got neither. Our GM choked.

2nd liner on Bruins cause Connelly sucks.:sarcasm:

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
I've got my footie pajamas on. Lets go Bruins! Excited for the final stretch and HOPEFULLY some playoff hockey. LETS GOOOOOO

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Could anyone jumping off the Tobin Bridge do so after rush hour tonight? I don't want to get stuck in traffic over a freaking' trade deadline overreaction.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
Carolina should have had to attach a 3rd to deal JM. The guy has sucked for years. Clode is getting hard thinking about having a new body to play over Morrow.

Just remember we have now returned to Fight Bruins Fight! I wouldn't be shocked to see Krecji go in the off season.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
If you liked what went down today you must've loved 1995-2008 when they won 1 round with this mentality.

But hey, as long as they make it and JJ makes some money it's all good.

Instead of adding assets for the future we get this crap.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
These moves scream get to the playoffs, not play for a cup. The mantra is we want to go for the cup not just make the playoffs, yet thats exactly what these moves are. We fans are not stupid Don and Cam

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Chia's free 2nd - which we barely deserve in the first place - and a 4th? Meh.

I get it, but it's kind of like me giving you a car that I won in a raffle for which I didn't even buy a ticket. Did i deserve it? No. Is it an asset? Yes

The Zapper

Dec 22, 2015
I may be starting to realize these moves aren't so terrible. I think Sweeney helped our future defence with picks like Zboril, Lauzon, and Carlo, on top of having Chiller and Morrow. Liles has logged big minutes this season, has experience and may be one of the better defencemen when it comes to moving the puck and breaking out of the defencive zone. Better than nothing, IMO (Camara seems to be regressing in the minors and the third and fifth rounders aren't a huge deal.

I know we traded a second and a fourth for Stemp. Yes, he was invited to a try-out and we had him at camp but it's not like we traded Loui to get him. Picks aren't a guarantee. The picks may very well not pan out, and Stemp is currently proving he can go up and down the line up and score.

Baby steps for Morrow and Chiller anyway. I think Claude is doing a good job easing those two into the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad