Gabrielle
Carlo
Zboril
DeBrusk
Vatrano
Acciari
Kuraly
McIntyre/Subban

And I may be forgetting some. You are overreacting.

No guarantee half or even a quarter of those guys will be NHLers, every team has more than half of those same type of guys on their teams.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
So after today....this team;

1. Still isn't good enough to win a cup

2. Sent out pieces that could be used to build for the future

3. Didn't move a guy who could have brought back significant pieces toward building for the future

4. Added a mediocre defenseman, that will further gum up the works and give Clode another reason to stunt the development of CM and Morrow.

Sounds very O'Connell-esque.

Couldn't agree more Sarge. I love this post.

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
Seriously what a joke of a franchise. Sweeney might be the worst at assest management in franchise history. So god damn pathetic.

I hope those of you who wanted to keep Loui and let him leave for nothing in the offseason enjoy a first round exit.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
So, if the Redline report is right that the draft is weak after the mid 2nd round; then the assets lost this year are fairly minimal. We still have two 1sts and a 2nd this year after all; and the Edmonton 2nd next year to replace ours. And Camara wasn't doing anything here, he's an AHL guy, or maybe a fringe fourth liner.

I would have preferred we sell on Eriksson too; but we are definitely a better team now than prior.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
I wish they had gotten something for Loui, but they really didn't give up much, so no big deal.

This is certainly not the worst case scenario.

Worst case scenario will be if they re-sign Loui for anything more than 3 years.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
Instead of letting a young guy like Morrow continue to grow into his game we'll slot in 35 year old scrub Liles.

Gotta love it.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
We've got a sample size here of what? 500 +/-, solid, die hard Bruins fans.

I don't think more than 10% of them would say they were happy with what happened today.

Is this management team so tone deaf, that they have no idea that we don't want more mediocre talent and would much rather ship guys out, in the hope that the return could bring in difference makers?

They only care about the people spending money at the game, looks like we are heading back to the Sinden/OC years.

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
If you liked what went down today you must've loved 1995-2008 when they won 1 round with this mentality.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
PREDICTION: They'll overpay and over-extend Loui to a deal to "save" face.

Agreed. This isn't about Loui. It's about Seguin and how their reactionary, heat of the moment deal ****ed this franchise up in a big way. They're going to grossly overpay a declining player just to say they still have something to show for it now that Morrow has been completely devalued by Claude.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Liles is not good. Stempniak is a 3rd liner.

Why are we optimistic over depth moves we did not need in the first place in exchange for five assets? Incredible. This team is going to need to claw it's way to the playoffs.

This team needed a big move, a direction. We got neither. Our GM choked.

Nikita Filatov*

Collecting picks are why teams like the Hawks and Kings are so great in this cap era.

So yeah, people have a right to be upset over giving away valuable assets for rentals/depth guys.

Uh, no. Chicago is where theyre at because of getting the #1 and #2 pick. Has nothing to do with hoarding picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad