Transfer: 2016 Summer transfer discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Because that's where Liverpoil want to be. It's not cheap.
How much money did Dortmund, Atletico, and Leicester pay to get champions from their league rivals? Teams always need to look forward, not backward.

I remember when we paid to get Joe Cole's league winning experience from past years. Great business there.

Frankly, if City was actually willing to sell Joe Hart, much like Chelsea being willing to sell Petr Cech, that should tell you everything you need to know.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
How much money did Dortmund, Atletico, and Leicester pay to get champions from their league rivals? Teams always need to look forward, not backward.

I remember when we paid to get Joe Cole's league winning experience from past years. Great business there.

Completely different scenario with Cole, who was way past his prime. Atletico is an example of another team that knows the value of having an elite level keeper though. So good example there.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Not any GK has multiple PL titles. Not every GK is a legitimate leader. If Karius is a bust, Liverpool will have to do it again next year. Hart would have been safe and has a CV that backs him up. His success rate in England speaks for itself. Karius hasn't won anything. Liverpool need players that know how to win.

Not any keeper plays behind a team that's spent half a billion dollars on talent in the last 5 years.

Since he became their full time starter, no team in the world has spent as much as City. And that doesn't include the 315M they spent in the three years prior to him being their starter. PSG is really the only team remotely close. Even United and they're wasteful spending are still nearly 150M short of City since Hart has been the first team keeper.

Liverpool is *never* going to spend like City or United. Sure they'll have a healthy transfer budget, especially if Klopp makes the CL a regular thing, but they're not the type of team who will routinely drop 100M an offseason so spending tens of millions extra on a keeper because Hart has the mystical "leadership" quality seems silly.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not any keeper plays behind a team that's spent half a billion dollars on talent in the last 5 years.

Since he became their full time starter, no team in the world has spent as much as City. And that doesn't include the 315M they spent in the three years prior to him being their starter.

Liverpool is *never* going to spend like City or United. Sure they'll have a healthy transfer budget, especially if Klopp makes the CL a regular thing, but they're not the type of team who will routinely drop 100M an offseason so spending tens of millions extra on a keeper because Hart has the mystical "leadership" quality seems silly.

Hart was, and has been a top 3 GK in the PL basically his entire tenure at City. He has been the constant of an ever changing roster and he hasn't been replaced for a reason. It's not his fault Pep wants a new toy. I never said I expect Liverpool to spend like the Manchester or London teams, but Liverpool needed to get a clear upgrade at GK and it's not a guarantee that they did. That's all I'm saying.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Better than Courtois, de Gea, and Lloris? Don't think so.

Was better than Courtois this year for sure. Those are certainly a big 3, and Hart is legitimately in that conversation. Every year. That says a lot about Hart alone.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Hart was, and has been a top 3 GK in the PL basically his entire tenure at City. He has been the constant of an ever changing roster and he hasn't been replaced for a reason.

None of that changes the fact that Hart isn't the reason they won the title twice. He certainly played a big part, but if you replace him with any of the other top 3-4 keepers, City still has two titles. Yes, he's been a top 3-4 keeper in the league for a while but that doesn't justify spending money that is better spent elsewhere.

I don't think anyone is saying he's not a great keeper, just saying the difference between him and others isn't large enough to justify an extra 30M over the next few years.

It's not like you're not getting Neuer or De Gea. And even if you were, it's still heavily debatable if it's worth spending that for a club like Liverpool.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
None of that changes the fact that Hart isn't the reason they won the title twice. He certainly played a big part, but if you replace him with any of the other top 3-4 keepers, City still has two titles. Yes, he's been a top 3-4 keeper in the league for a while but that doesn't justify spending money that is better spent elsewhere.

I don't think anyone is saying he's not a great keeper, just saying the difference between him and others isn't large enough to justify an extra 30M over the next few years.

It's not like you're not getting Neuer or De Gea. And even if you were, it's still heavily debatable if it's worth spending that for a club like Liverpool.

I don't agree with that. Look at the keepers for teams that finished above Liverpool. Adrian at West Ham is the only one that has neither won a domestic title, nor is starting for their national team. I don't believe that's a coincidence. Even if it's just keeping a calmer head at the back and helping the back line there is a impact whether it is tangible or intangible.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Spending huge money on Hart would be such a Liverpool thing to do :laugh:

Why?

Trust me I rate Karius and would love if he worked out, but no one can factually argue that he has proved more than Mignolet at this stage of his career.

And I'm the crazy one.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Higuain for Neuer. Done deal!:laugh:

You have a very good goalie, we have somebody who can put the ball into the net. Perfect trade.

Deal no take backsies

48PY7hp.gif

I guarantee you Argentina wins that game.:P

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
West Ham bid of 31 million euros rejected for Lacazette. From sky sports.

Gladbach confirms they have an offer on the table for Xhaha, won't confirm who it is from though. From Gladbach sporting director.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
After visiting Edimilson Fernandes, Eberl is moving in to close the Tielemans deal. Once that's secured, the Xhaka transfer should be announced.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
RB Leipzig are keen to sign Breel Embolo from Basel.

Kostic has a release clause of 12M. Leverkusen, Wolfsburg, Southampton, and Leicester are all said to be after him.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Have there been any reports about Bazoer moving other than the Roma link? At a rumored ~20M fee, I'm surprised he hasn't been linked to BVB as a potential Ilkay successor; especially with BMG looking like they're going to snap Tielemans up from under them.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Have there been any reports about Bazoer moving other than the Roma link? At a rumored ~20M fee, I'm surprised he hasn't been linked to BVB as a potential Ilkay successor; especially with BMG looking like they're going to snap Tielemans up from under them.
Nope, haven't seen one.

Only Ajax player who seems to be in the shop window so far is Milik. Read that Leicester were eyeing him for £15m.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

Bazoer isn't really similar to Gundogan though. He's more of a 6 or an engine/athletic 8 and less technical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad