2016 Summer Transfer Discussion Part V - Deadline Edition

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
One of the more overrated players for me, I don't think Meyer will ever be more than "good".

He hasn't progressed enough since hitting the Schalke senior squad but the kid was magnificent coming up the youth ranks. Technical, creative, and a spectacular nose for goal; Meyer really had it all in a way other smurfs that came before him, like Gotze and Younes, just didn't.

I still think he's a forward, not a 10, but either way he has not been helped by the way Schalke's possessions have been structured.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Sakho apparently refuses to leave. Don't know what to make of that. If the manager is telling him to go leave for a year to prove his professionalism and fitness, then he doesn't leave, what the hell does that mean?

Well, that the manager's decision was hilariously ridiculous...

That he will have to train very hard, play good for the reserve team and be professional to play for Liverpool again?

... and that a grown up would actually do this...

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
£30 million for Sissoko is as hilarious as the first time I heard it. Everton left it late and panic bought.

Hope Valencia goes through. Heard the option was for £14.5 million, which is insane.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
What a lame move for PSG.
Selling a backup for more than 40M€ is not a bad move financially, but Emery just alienated Luiz in a single month.
Emery's move last weekend was inexcusable. Luiz was an extremely important member of the lockeroom.
Just like Matuidi, Verratti or Sirigu. All are gone or are considering moving because of Emery's decisions.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Sakho apparently refuses to leave. Don't know what to make of that. If the manager is telling him to go leave for a year to prove his professionalism and fitness, then he doesn't leave, what the hell does that mean?

If you believe Melissa Reddy (she was on TAW), she made it sound like he will likely not play for Liverpool in the future.

I mean I've loved Sakho since he got here, but his professionalism has always been an issue. Most Sakho fans (like myself) overlook it but it's been present. Klopp has stated he wanted a dedicated squad.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
What a lame move for PSG.
Selling a backup for more than 40M€ is not a bad move financially, but Emery just alienated Luiz in a single month.
Emery's move last weekend was inexcusable. Luiz was an extremely important member of the lockeroom.
Just like Matuidi, Verratti or Sirigu. All are gone or are considering moving because of Emery's decisions.

Verratti is considering moving? Can somebody please tell Conte and Abramovich?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Every coach has his favorites and his way of doing things. Pep alienated and kicked people out, as did Klopp and Mouaniho is the biggest sinner of this.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Every coach has his favorites and his way of doing things. Pep alienated and kicked people out, as did Klopp and Mouaniho is the biggest sinner of this.

Sure, but I'm also sure they didn't sub defensemen when down 2-0 to show them who the boss is.
Nor left their most talented playmaker on the bench all game when down 2-0.
And finally let him get on the pitch 10 minutes from the end down 3-1.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Only other player Klopp has had a problem with was Perisic. That was a different situation though. Perisic wanted to play more and when he said something about Klopp playing favorites and liking Reus more, Klopp didn't like it.

His comments were not well-taken by Klopp, who responded: ‘Public whining belongs to kindergarten, not to the world of adults.
‘If he doesn’t play, a football professional should shut his mouth, work hard and make the coach select him – not complain about it to the reporters.’

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Do you think he's better than Martial was at the same age?

Way way way better.
Though to be fair I didn't rate Martial much at that age. Don't think he'll be a world class player either until he's played at striker, where I like him much better.

Mbappé is on another level talent wise. Think Dembélé/Hazard level. Just pure pure class.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Gokhan Inler moves to Besitkas on a 3 year deal. Wasn't starting at Leiceister anyways.

Balotelli to Nice is now official for free. (Happy for Liverppol)

Arbeloa to West Ham confirmed

Allan Nyom transfers from Watford to West Brom on a perm. transfer.

Blackburn secures a loan move for Swansea striker Martin Emnes

Enner Valencia loan to Everton is all but confirmed, just final details being worked out.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Agreed on Mbappe Lottin. Kid looks incredible so far and I think Monaco will keep him for a few more years until his price raises and he becomes more well known. Hazard skill level seems like a good comparison.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool is done.

Last moves are Balotelli sale and Markovic loan

Sakho stays

Ilori, Randall and Brannagan also staying.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad