2016 Summer Transfer Discussion Part V - Deadline Edition

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Miazga wound up loaned to Vitesse. Really don't like seeing one of the best young defenders from this country loaned out to a league where they don't defend, but on the other hand he'll develop in a way that will make him better with the ball at feet.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Someone please tell me Vitesse needs center-backs and this isn't just Chelsea dumping a player at their farm team at the end of the transfer window.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I knew there was something I'd been meaning to ask you

Where on earth did you dig Nile Ranger up from :laugh:

He was free, so perfect really.

Oh, but typically he is injured after having probably the best 25 minutes of any of our strikers this season so far.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Just found out that Ruben Vezo was loaned to Granada. Did Valencia lose faith in him or what?

Edit: also found out Mangala was loaned to Valencia. Make a lil more sense, but still, why would you not work on developing your own player?

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Just found out that Ruben Vezo was loaned to Granada. Did Valencia lose faith in him or what?

Edit: also found out Mangala was loaned to Valencia. Make a lil more sense, but still, why would you not work on developing your own player?

If you want to get rid of him, but don't have enough time to work out a full sale. Same with Hart.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I thought most PSG fans would be happy with that sell. D. Luiz is so unreliable defensively... and he was blocking Marquinhos who's already better and has the potential to be one of the best CB in the world.

Marquinhos-Silva gonna be so sick...
I also believe that Marquinhos is way better than David Luiz. It's a great move from PSG.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I thought most PSG fans would be happy with that sell. D. Luiz is so unreliable defensively... and he was blocking Marquinhos who's already better and has the potential to be one of the best CB in the world.

Marquinhos-Silva gonna be so sick...

Marquinhos was already starting since April so he wasn't blocked.
Luiz is a great guy who made 3 or 4 gaffes in two seasons. That surely doesn't weigh more than his character on and off the pitch, his great plays and key moments several times (I'm sure Chelsea fans don't need to be reminded of his late minute equalizer at SB).

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
£30 million for Sissoko is as hilarious as the first time I heard it. Everton left it late and panic bought.

Hope Valencia goes through. Heard the option was for £14.5 million, which is insane.

Glad to see Valencia go, his footballing mind just doesn't seem to be on the required level.

That said, watch him torch West Ham every time they play Everton.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Luiz was always a great personality and I preferred him at CDM. He's a liability as a CB. He was heavily criticized during his time in England and although at times they were harsh, they weren't baseless.

If Luiz can cover the CB spot and play as a CDM with Kanté replacing Matic in the box-to-box role, then I'll definitely be happier with him returning. Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic and Zouma, when he returns, would form the CB core and Luiz can cover in case of an injury crisis. Azpi back to RB, Alonso to LB with Ivanovic and Aina as backups.

Next season Christensen should come back and take Ivanovic's spot (I'm just about fed up seeing this guy attempt a cross as a RB). If Terry returns for one more season, that's another question.

Christensen will be bought by Gladbach, likely with a buyback clause, but still he won't be returning to Chelsea next summer.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Ahhhh, that is extremely frustrating. What's the point of even having a youth academy and buying younger players, when we will eventually get rid of 99.9% of them?

This is giving me a disgusting taste in my mouth.

I don't really get it either. After what six goals and a silver medal at the Olympics they just ship him off? Don't make no damn sense

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad