Speculation: 2016 Offseason Thread ★

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
line combos guessing game for opening night!!!!

benn - eakin - eaves
sharp - spezza - hudler
roussel - faksa - hemsky
janmark - shore - ritchie

i hate this team so much RIP Seugin

Boose30

Jun 22, 2010
The Colony
Kris russell

I lieu of current events your thoughts on bringing back a veteran defense man to help and add some cushion in case of injury? Ik we could already be out our top center for an extended period of time but just curious.

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
I lieu of current events your thoughts on bringing back a veteran defense man to help and add some cushion in case of injury? Ik we could already be out our top center for an extended period of time but just curious.

I would just let Nemeth play. If have a second injury then look around if not bring another kid up.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Even IF the team was to bring in another defenseman it would NOT be Kris Russel . He was a failure here . Not that i expect us to bring in another defenseman with the team already having 8 defenseman albeit alot of them are young and inexperienced.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
line combos guessing game for opening night!!!!

benn - eakin - eaves
sharp - spezza - hudler
roussel - faksa - hemsky
janmark - shore - ritchie

i hate this team so much RIP Seugin

Have they said how long he'll be out for? I remember when I had a hairline fracture in my knee, that it didn't stop me from playing hockey for more than a week, and it fully healed in about 5-6 weeks. That said Assuming he's back

What it should be
Benn-Seguin-Hudler
Janmark-Spezza-Sharp
Roussel-Faksa-Hemsky
McKenzie-Eakin-Eaves

What it likely will be
Benn-Eakin-Seguin(Eaves if Seguin Injured)
Sharp-Spezza-Hudler
Janmark-Faksa-Hemsky
Roussel-Shore-Eaves(Ritchie if Seguin Injured)

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Roussel - Faksa - Hemsky is going to be kept together because of that sweet postseason success!!

And it should be, but Janmark doesn't belong on the 4th line, But it is Ruff So that's where he'll likely be put

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
And it should be, but Janmark doesn't belong on the 4th line, But it is Ruff So that's where he'll likely be put

The bottom six is pretty interchangeable this year, it's pretty tough to distinguish one as L3 and the other as L4.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
The bottom six is pretty interchangeable this year, it's pretty tough to distinguish one as L3 and the other as L4.

Truthfully Janmark should be a top 6 player, Especially over Eakin. Ruff will do 1 of 3 really stupid things
He'll Either Sandwich Eakin between Benn and Seguin, or Bump Faksa to the 4th Line and put Eakin on the 3rd, or put Janmark on the 4th line. All 3 of which are Ruff level stupid, but Ruff will put Eakin with Benn and Seguin on the basis of bringing "defensive" responsibility to the line. Clearly he doesn't watch Eakin but I digress
My Bet with Hudler coming in is Eakin is our #1 center for some reason :shakehead
Hudler is put with Sharp and Spezza, and Janmark gets punished with the 4th line

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
Hi guys, just curious where you think Honka will be playing this year.

Development looked good last year with 44 points, but will he be back in the AHL or promoted?

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Hi guys, just curious where you think Honka will be playing this year.

Development looked good last year with 44 points, but will he be back in the AHL or promoted?

AHL again this year. If Klingberg gets injured then maybe he'd get a call up. But, as of right now I think Backman will get called up ahead of him for anyone else who gets hurt

Leon Draisaitl

German Gretzky
Jun 26, 2014
Hey guys :)

Is Niklas Hansson playing in Sweden for the whole year or is his loan just until the AHL season starts?

Desert Panther

Resident Lurker
Jun 23, 2002
Frisco, TX
Visit site
Panthers fan living in Dallas. I've adopted the Stars as my West team and was thinking about going to the first preseason game tonight. Has anyone seen anything on the lineup for tonight?

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Panthers fan living in Dallas. I've adopted the Stars as my West team and was thinking about going to the first preseason game tonight. Has anyone seen anything on the lineup for tonight?

I found this

Stars Projected Lineup

Forwards: Patrick Sharp, Mattias Janmark, Patrick Eaves, Jiri Hudler, Brett Ritchie, Denis Gurianov, Justin Dowling, Brendan Ranford, Remi Elie, Gemel Smith, Cole Ully, Jason Spezza

Defensemen: John Klingberg, Jamie Oleksiak, Julius Honka, Patrik Nemeth, Stephen Johns, Mattias Backman

Goaltenders: Kari Lehtonen, Maxime Lagace

Not sure on how the lines will look

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I'm getting confounding reports on Eakin's health. Some say he's out until November but a lot of your roster projection has him healthy already and for the season opener. Is he healthy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad