Speculation: 2016 Offseason Thread ★

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Lagace and Desrosrier are supposed to be sharing goal duties from what i've read.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Pretty much an AHL roster with a couple of young NHL guys sprinkled in . Panthers ice a much better team.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Somehow the AHL lineup actually won the game 2:1 in OT . Lagace played the whole game i would imagine he played pretty well.

Nick Ebert scored the OT winner . Got something positive out of Campbell i guess.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Somehow the AHL lineup actually won the game 2:1 in OT . Lagace played the whole game i would imagine he played pretty well.

Nick Ebert scored the OT winner . Got something positive out of Campbell i guess.

Ebert could really thrive in our system with the way we play. He's always had the potential, just needs to put it together. Guess that could be said for most prospects

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
There are a few PTO types I'd take ahead of him, I don't really think anybody would give him an NHL job if we waived him. On the other hand, I don't think we have anybody better suited to just be scratched for 75 games. There's a nonzero chance he'd be in the AHL, but the odds are he'll be in the NHL all year.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
How has Honka looked in preseason?

Not exactly easy to measure since no single pre-season game was / is broadcast on television or any kind of stream . At best some sort of radio broadcast.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I really hate how the Stars can't stream the pre-season games themselves but have to rely on the broadcasting companies that hold the regular rights decide to do so. I loved how last season the team broadcasted the games but no NHL can't have that and had to warn the Stars to never do that again. Doesn't matter that the games don't get shown at all now.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I still cannot believe Nill traded 2nd round pick, Pollock and Jokkipakka for Russell who doesn't have a job one week before regular season starts...

He definitely wasn't worth that package, but I guess that was the going rate. At least he was able to help out when all those injuries hit and help us win the div

Also sounds like he has a deal with Calgary, but just waiting for Johnny to sign or something like that

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
We just signed Justin Fontaine to a PTO and he will play Friday night. Kind of an odd move. Nothing special of a player. Plays RW

serp

Jan 17, 2016
We just signed Justin Fontaine to a PTO and he will play Friday night. Kind of an odd move. Nothing special of a player. Plays RW

Maybe not all that satisfied with how Ritchie / McKenzie looked so far and signed another guy to give them some extra competition ?

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Maybe not all that satisfied with how Ritchie / McKenzie looked so far and signed another guy to give them some extra competition ?

Yeah probably, but we have 1 preseason game left. He had a PTO with Florida so maybe Nill had his sights on him before, but Florida got him first

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Well Hemsky might've had a setback since he wasn't skating today unlike Seguin so they may just want another body . Not sure why sign a guy instead of keeping a kid up longer though .

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Yeah, maybe they're looking at him for Texas, if he'll sign a 2way deal that is. I remember him not being that bad from watching Minny

Sounds like Shore might play tmw

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Justin Fontaine is nothing but an AHL option. He's just as bad as Curtis McKenzie.

I'm not hoping we sign him or anything, just confused on the PTO with 1 game left

He's small, but has good possession numbers for a 4th liner. Doesn't take alot of pims and did put up 30 Points one year. Still think we have better options with the kids

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I read the thread on him over at Florida and that's what I got lol. Ah well can't trust those guys! Mind you they had negative things to say about Pardy which we can all agree on

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Nemeth might actually score a goal this year. 2 in pre-season already now lol .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->