Speculation: 2016 Offseason Thread ★

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Honka looks very noticeable . Probably should be on the NHL roster but the contract situation makes that pretty much impossible.

Something like

Hamhuis-Klingberg
Oduya-Johns
Nemeth-Honka
Benn

Bäckman and Lindell in the AHL , Oleksiak somewhere thats not with the Stars .

Last edited:

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Honka looks very noticeable . Probably should be on the NHL roster but the contract situation makes that pretty much impossible.

Something like

Hamhuis-Klingberg
Oduya-Johns
Nemeth-Honka
Benn

I agree 100%.

Honka needs to get some playing time at the NHL-level soon, despite his defensive shortcomings. I want to see Oleksiak waived or traded. Honka is as good or better than him in every facet of the game other than being large and playing the face punching game on the rare occasion.

I'd love to see Honka on the 3rd pairing and with 2nd PP unit responsibilities.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
No he can still be send down without problems. Very likely to happen imho. If he's not in the top 6 its unneccessary to keep him up any longer.

A bit sad he didn't beat out at least Oleksiak who looked like a tirefire on Friday .

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
No he can still be send down without problems. Very likely to happen imho. If he's not in the top 6 its unneccessary to keep him up any longer.

A bit sad he didn't beat out at least Oleksiak who looked like a tirefire on Friday .

Maybe. He may have beat out Oleksiak to be #7 on the depth chart, but even so, Nill still is going to send him down to let him get ice time vs having him sit in the press box all season.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Any thoughts on Razor as the play by play guy vs. color analyst? I have only heard a few snippets, but thought he sounded forced and overly excited for my tastes. Wonder if he should go back to the color commentating and have someone else call the plays?

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Any thoughts on Razor as the play by play guy vs. color analyst? I have only heard a few snippets, but thought he sounded forced and overly excited for my tastes. Wonder if he should go back to the color commentating and have someone else call the plays?

If it was easy to do, everyone would be a play by play hockey analyst. It's his first time, cut him some slack, we can evaluate it after a whole season.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington

Something like

Hamhuis-Klingberg
Oduya-Johns
Nemeth-Honka
Benn

Sabres fan coming in peace....
How has Lindell played this season??

What would it take to acquire Lindell & Nuke?
Any interest in Evander Kane plus Zemgus Girgensons?

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Sabres fan coming in peace....
How has Lindell played this season??

What would it take to acquire Lindell & Nuke?
Any interest in Evander Kane plus Zemgus Girgensons?

Really solid, he's on the top pair.

A better left shot defenseman than Lindell of similar age and contract.

Kane is a ******* who nobody should want on their team. Girgensons is very redundant and trending in the wrong direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad