2016 NHL Entry Draft, part two

Status
Not open for further replies.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
London could be like the Ohio State from this year's NFL draft in June. What do you guys make of the draft eligible London players besides the obvious top 10 guys?

Mete is a really interesting player but I can't tell whether he's just a great pair of wheels with little else to his game.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Love me some Cliff Pu

Big body, great wheels, slick hands. He'll be a player.

At this point I'd be surprised if he was available at 42. He could breakout big time next year once the big guys on London move on, just like Dvorak did after his draft year.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
While I agree, I pity the fool who takes Stanley mid or late in the first round. I don't think he's very good. He's gonna have to develop A LOT.

Oh I don't agree either, I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole in the 1st. He will cause a GM to fall in love with his size and someone will take him earlier than he should go.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
One in a million. Name some others. It's just very rare is all I'm saying. He's Asian and it's completely different growing up Asian than a normal Canadian. I'm Asian, so that's a good source

Steve Kariya
Richard Park
Devin Seteguci
Branden Yip
Jamie Storr
David Tanabe
Peter Ing

Jim Peak played for our very Sens

I don't think Pu being of Asian decent is going to suddenly make him a worse player or something, he's rated as a 2nd rounder because of his hockey abilities. His background holds zero bearing on what he can become.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
London could be like the Ohio State from this year's NFL draft in June. What do you guys make of the draft eligible London players besides the obvious top 10 guys?

Mete is a really interesting player but I can't tell whether he's just a great pair of wheels with little else to his game.

I wonder if they were too good. Not having much in the way of competition is the perfect way to coast throughout the year and take shortcuts. If you want to improve, you need a bit of a challenge. Same thing applies with (elite) guys on the Tier II circuit.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Thing is though, they had competition. Just turned it on during playoff time.

I'd like to get Parsons and let him mature as an option. Kid has some skills for sure.

If he can keep that and with experience learn to be a little more calm,he'll be a great option down the road

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Arizona fan here. Seems like there is interest to move up for a forward. Let's say Brown is on the board at #7. Would this be a deal that could be made:

AZ: #7, #157

OTT: #12, #79, Chiasson

I am in the camp that AZ would like a D but #7 is kind of an awkward time for that. Juolevi, Chychrun, and Sergachev all have some warts.to their game, and it is my belief that players like Fabbro and McAvoy wind up rising somewhere in the #12-#18 range. So AZ could realistically pick up any of those 5 D at #12, whether someone falls or is a late riser. The Coyotes could also use a little size and a RH shot at RW, so taking a chance on Chiasson is worth it. The other picks kind of balance out the deal.

Pretty sure Ottawa wants to go forward, and one of Brown, McLeod, or Jost should be there. Not certain if the Sens are high on My landed if he is available at #7 also.

Thoughts???

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Arizona fan here. Seems like there is interest to move up for a forward. Let's say Brown is on the board at #7. Would this be a deal that could be made:

I am in the camp that AZ would like a D but #7 is kind of an awkward time for that. Juolevi, Chychrun, and Sergachev all have some warts.to their game, and it is my belief that players like Fabbro and McAvoy wind up rising somewhere in the #12-#18 range. So AZ could realistically pick up any of those 5 D at #12, whether someone falls or is a late riser. The Coyotes could also use a little size and a RH shot at RW, so taking a chance on Chiasson is worth it. The other picks kind of balance out the deal.

Pretty sure Ottawa wants to go forward, and one of Brown, McLeod, or Jost should be there. Not certain if the Sens are high on My landed if he is available at #7 also.

Thoughts???

Deal.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Thoughts???

I'd be all over that as a Sens fan.

yoplait

May 4, 2011

Thoughts???

Yes please!

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Haha, apparently Nylander turns into My landed on my phone...

How many years does Chiasson have left on his deal right now?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Thoughts???

Yes! Yes! Yes! Hot da-

I mean......sure. I suppose we could do that.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
If we got 7 I would think Dorian runs up to the podium to select Brown.

That's if Brown makes it to 7, which I'm starting to think may not happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad