GDT: 2016 NHL Entry Draft: It's Here! Draft Day! 7pm ET\4pm PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donald McRonald

Interested observer
Sep 13, 2009
United Nations
Bernier would be very attractive at ~2.1M --- and Leafs could net decent value at that price. For one year, I'd retain on him to make it happen without hesitation.
Not sure what he'd be worth but I'd be ok with taking the Minny 6th rounder from Calgary this year and Florida's 4th in 2018 from Calgary as well. I wonder if they'd think about that.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
My dream is that there will be a Bozak trade this evening.

While I absolutely agree it's time for Bozak to move on I also think he is easy to move. Lupul would be a nice/sad move to see. I like Lupul but he is no use to us and is ultimately a burden.

Bozak we can certainly get picks for if not more but I suspect we will keep him for awhile to shelter the kids. Might get moved at the deadline after we see how things have settled in.

This is the most unpredictable season I ever remember. JVR and Rielly are the only locks for the first PP. Everything else but #1 G is up for grabs.

I see Matthews being our #2 C this year, If we kept Bozak at #1 and Kadri at #3 and dropped Nylander to right wing Bozak could survive a year...unless of course we sign Stamkos (doubt it)

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
Not sure what he'd be worth but I'd be ok with taking the Minny 6th rounder from Calgary this year and Florida's 4th in 2018 from Calgary as well. I wonder if they'd think about that.

Are those picks worth exposing Sparks as a backup or signing a UFA goalie who will likely demand more than 1 year in their contract?

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Wow. Evander Kane has pending charges facing him. (2. he got kicked out of a bar)

Murray must be going apolopetic right now.

Murray is forming a team of misfits. I can just hear them trying to convince Vesey & Stamkos (& Yakupov) to come.

"Yea, we know it's Buffalo, but you're only a short helicopter ride from Toronto & you can probably hitch a ride with Kane. You might have to find your own way back though. Come just sign right here."

rdogg

I cry your pardon
Aug 4, 2010
PEI
T-Minus 1 hour till Draft Time!!!!!

I can't wait. Hopefully there is tons of trades tonight to keep things interesting for Leaf fans

Donald McRonald

Interested observer
Sep 13, 2009
United Nations
Are those picks worth exposing Sparks as a backup or signing a UFA goalie who will likely demand more than 1 year in their contract?

tbh it gives me great anxiety...buuuttttt..I'd be willing to take this one for the team. :popcorn:

however, one of those picks could probably get us a better backup than Sparks, hell...even Bibeau might be an option.

Northern Dancer

The future ain't what it used to be.
Mar 2, 2002
5 K from the ACC
Murray is forming a team of misfits. I can just hear them trying to convince Vesey & Stamkos (& Yakupov) to come.

"Yea, we know it's Buffalo, but you're only a short helicopter ride from Toronto & you can probably hitch a ride with Kane. You might have to find your own way back though. Come just sign right here."

Gold, pure gold. :laugh:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

:laugh:

i'm glad we stayed away from E.Kane.

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
This is my personal BPA list, not a mock draft by any means. Wish I had more spare time to do more writeups. I may add some for the rest of the top 10.

1) Matthews - Unbelievable talent, poise, and confidence is what I think of first. A great all-around player with no holes in his game. His edge work, puck control, stick handling, shot, and ability to read plays in all zones are all very far above average. He shows great passion for improving and pushing limits. Has the potential to be one of the most impactful players in the NHL. All this kid needs to do is keep his head on straight, and keep pushing his and his teams limits as much as possible.

2) Puljujarvi - Complete player with wheels, a wicked shot, and a very good mind for the game. Thinks the game like a playmaker, but also has a powerful array of shots and moves in his arsenal. One of his best qualities is his dynamic skating for a large man. Acceleration, top speed, lateral movement, and strength on his feet are all top notch. To take his game to the next and top level, Puljujarvi needs to transition his game to the NHL sized ice, and get a little more aggressive with how he utilizes his size.

3) Tkachuk - Plays a skilled but very hard-nosed game. Has decent size, but more importantly, plays an unrelenting style that would suit the NHL. Loves working hard in deep to eventually get to front of the net. He has a fantastic one-timer, an accurate wrister, and thinks the game at a very fast pace. His skating is a little sloppy, but he makes up for it with effort. In order to take his game to the next level and live up to #3 pick status, he will need to develop his skating, most importantly his explosiveness to suit his play style.

4) Dubois - Really does have a nice polished game to go along with a great athletic body. Skates well for a big man, reads plays well on both sides of the puck, and uses his size to protect the puck well. Uses his booming slapper, or hard and accurate wrister, as well as a wide variety of power moves to find the back of the net. Is a very unselfish player, likes to distribute the puck and create plays in the offensive zone. With all these skills I think the only thing holding him back would be intensity and finding that next level towards being an impact player in all situations.

5) Laine - I know, I've got him at 5. Let me start by saying this guy has a fantastic shot. Truly as powerful and accurate as could be for a predraft player. He elevates his play when the game matters most. Has great size and uses it well to protect the puck and make a variety of plays in the offensive zone. He is very confident and committed to becoming one of the best players in the league, but a few things are holding me back personally from making that assumption. He lacks foot speed, acceleration, and explosiveness. He has a long stride which generates a lot of speed, and stays on and uses his edges well to help that. He thinks like a scorer and has great instincts around the net in the offense zone, otherwise, I'm not sure how deeply he thinks the game. He is a very finesse player for being 6'4", rarely using his size to drive the net or get to the "dirty" areas. In order for Laine to become the player most have him pegged to be, he needs to greatly improve his foot speed, his commitment to being an impact player on both sides of the puck and consistently throughout games, while using his size more to his advantage.

6) Chychrun
7) Sergachev
8) Juolevi
9) Jost
10) Nylander
11) Bean
12) Brown
13) McAvoy
14) Keller
15) McLeod
16) Rubtsov
17) Bellows
18) Kunin
19) Fabbro
20) Jones
21) Benson
22) Thompson
23) Gauthier
24) Hajek
25) Asplund
26) Cholowski
27) Laberge
28) Johansen
29) Mascherin
30) Clague
31) Stanley

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
A mere hour remains :hyper::hyper::hyper:

:scared::scared:

Here we come Auston Matthews :yo::yo:

I don't even know how to feel right now:laugh:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
hm do i want Strawberry Lemon Curd Ice Cream, or celebrate with Butter Toffee ice Cream?

WhatASaveDave

Feb 3, 2010
toronto ontario
Noah Gregor gonna be a steal. Ranked 77 on Bob's list. He has a 50 % chance of playing 200+ NHL GP. Expected career points per game is 0.49 ppg . Top 5 comparable are :Couture, Kadri, Bailey, Stoll, Stajan. Not bad if we can snag him in the 3rd round LOL

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
Keep in mind the insiders may very well be on to leads but the deal falls through at the last minute.

Right now mutliple insiders from different networks are reporting the same thing. I doubt they're working together. And when theres cameras showing one GM talking to another on the draft floor its pretty damn hard to fake that

but who knows maybe there just talking about the summer trips there about to do. fishing and such or like you said it could be a fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad