2016 NHL Draft | Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
McLeod with some slick hands. Guy has skill, it's just overshadowed by his speed/power.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Then Dubois with a slick drive to the net. And Laberge scores. Loving McLeod and Dubois though. So big and skilled.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Oh man, Dubois showing all kids of skills on that goal. Smart stick, good puck take, smart pass, easy tap in.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Off the top of my head..

Mallet, Bourdon, Zhukenov, Brisebois, Grenier, Polasek, sauve, Vincent, messier...

And now I'll go look

Edit:

Here's a link. I did decent for the last few years.

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/draftstats.htm?location=/draft&round=All&team=VAN&year=All

Well I did say forwards .

And none of the ones we did take were anywhere near the first round, except Mallet who was just a bad idea by Gillis.

I wouldn't avoid Dubois just because CA Messier didn't work out.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
1 game but don't like what I see from Chychrun. His game is too much start/stop.

Doesn't really read the play that well.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Well I did say forwards .

And none of the ones we did take were anywhere near the first round, except Mallet who was just a bad idea by Gillis.

I wouldn't avoid Dubois just because CA Messier didn't work out.

Well Mallet was the end of the Q scouts as a force for the Canucks, bad idea by the Q scouts.

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
Dubois looks like an OHL player. Not flashy but very effective and hard working. Sort of a bigger, rangier Bo Horvat.

Yup I made that comparison before. Bulls around the ice.
Still find this a strange comparison, a bigger and rangier Horvat is not a Horvat. Dubois skates better than Horvat did in his draft year, is strong, but not built like a hydrant like Horvat, still has a lot of room on his frame, about 3 inches taller, prefers to play wing and has done so most of the season vs a centerman, naturally more physical and a better playmaker IMO. Just so many things different.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Well Mallet was the end of the Q scouts as a force for the Canucks, bad idea by the Q scouts.

Where was Mallet even ranked?

I'm not saying take Dubois 1OA but makes no sense to avoid him based on some bad reaches in the past. Our lack of succes with forwards from the Q is due mainly to a lack of drafting there. I mean how many successes would you expect based on a handful of late round picks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad