2016 NHL Draft | Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Same. Impressive. Canucks have a couple of picks in the 3rd and maybe they can get another 2nd. Would definitely take a chance on him

We have one 3rd round pick this year. The 3rd we acquired in the Bonino/Sutter trade is the one we traded away for Pedan.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Wow, i want Dubois. Bo and he would be a nightmare to play against

He'll be moving up to elite territory. Probably out of our range.

Some of the guys in the 6 - 12 range are showing well.

Benning says that he sees 15 players. So naturally we will be drafting 16th.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Juolevi and Bean have been the two most impressive defencemen for me. Bean's outlet passes are excellent.

Haven't noticed DeBrincat much. He's freaking tiny, looks like a bantam player out there compared to some of the others.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Agreed. Also, hope he doesn't trade down just to pick up a d-man passing up on some of these top forward prospects. Just pick BPA.

You spend a lot of time worrying what Benning might do. From his first two drafts would seem like Benning will take a good player. I find it encouraging that he sees d as a priority looking at how they can exit the zone. It should be a priority whether in the first or in other rounds.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
I'm really liking McLeod's game. I actually wouldn't mind picking him up with our first round.

Fast, big, RH Centers are very rare.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Benning mentioned how he thinks there's about six players who can play in the NHL next year, he mentioned the 3 kids playing in Europe but didn't mentioned any from the CHL leagues.

Chychrun
Dubois
Guathier
Tkachuk?

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
I can't say I'm terribly impressed with any defenseman in this game so far (sample size I know ;)) but the two who I've liked most have been Bean and Juolevi. Forwards are McLeod and Dubois.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Benning mentioned how he thinks there's about six players who can play in the NHL next year, he mentioned the 3 kids playing in Europe but didn't mentioned any from the CHL leagues.

Chychrun
Dubois
Guathier
Tkachuk?

McLeod looks like he could play. Not saying he should but his size and skating would allow him to get by.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
You spend a lot of time worrying what Benning might do. From his first two drafts would seem like Benning will take a good player. I find it encouraging that he sees d as a priority looking at how they can exit the zone. It should be a priority whether in the first or in other rounds.

This is a very important draft for this Franchise I would say, can't blame me. I just want BPA whether it be d-man or forward.

Trelane

Feb 12, 2013
Salusa Secundus
I can't say I'm terribly impressed with any defenseman in this game so far (sample size I know ;)) but the two who I've liked most have been Bean and Juolevi. Forwards are McLeod and Dubois.

My take as well. Kind of torn between them taking a D man this year if there are any of these forwards still on board. But JB is right about our D prospect weakness relative to forwards. Also worse is yet to come. Post Sedins I reckon we'll be picking top 5 at least once.

I'd get an extra 1st and 2nd this year, use them on D while spending our own on a forward.

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver
You guys know that Benning said he's picking BPA right...? I like how nobody has knowledged that lol.

It really depends where we pick. If we're 5th/6th overall I'm pretty sure we'd be picking Chychryn. If for example we're picking 10th and Chychrn and Sergachyov are gone I could see us picking a forward BPA.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
Very fast game for the junior level, but I'm waiting for someone to slow the game down.

I echo the comments where none of the dmen (sample size) stands out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad