2016 NHL Draft | Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Right. Cause Benning has made such a habit of reaching in the first round. Totally forgot ... that guy ... uhm ... Patrick White was Benning right? Oh and of course who could forget when we drafted Brandon Carlo last year. Totally earned his reputation.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
On Benning's comments. Yes we have forward "depth" but I don't see abundance of elite talent.

IMO the most likely to play on a top line is Boeser on the wing. His shot is elite.

I don't see Virtanen becoming a top line forward. I like Bo and McCann but I see probably 50-60 pt upside. Doubt either is really a true #1 C.

We really need to pick the BPA, period.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
On Benning's comments. Yes we have forward "depth" but I don't see abundance of elite talent.

IMO the most likely to play on a top line is Boeser on the wing. His shot is elite.

I don't see Virtanen becoming a top line forward. I like Bo and McCann but I see probably 50-60 pt upside. Doubt either is really a true #1 C.

Agreed. Also, hope he doesn't trade down just to pick up a d-man passing up on some of these top forward prospects. Just pick BPA.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC

Agree. And obviously this game isn't representative of a player's upside but I've been much more impressed by McLeod and Dubois than any of the D. Maybe unfair as D is harder to just show up an play with an unfamiliar partner etc but I'd hate to pass up a potential stud centre for positional need.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver

Boeser has an elite shot but not speed.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
3rd-4th based on Central Scouting's list.

Sadly, he is rising and this exposure will get him noticed. I really like him.

Same. Impressive. Canucks have a couple of picks in the 3rd and maybe they can get another 2nd. Would definitely take a chance on him

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Dubois looks awesome.

Tkachuk looks meh... Looks meh every time I see him but I'll trust the judgment of others for now.

McLeod looks great.

Chychrun hasn't lit it up but the ability is clearly there.

Would like to see more from Nylander, Gauthier, and Debrincat.

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
Same. Impressive. Canucks have a couple of picks in the 3rd and maybe they can get another 2nd. Would definitely take a chance on him

He's still 5'9 and not a prolific scorer yet. I like him a lot too, but he'll probably be available in the 4th. Brayden Point fell to the 3rd round, after all.

Evolu7ion

#firelindenning
Sep 20, 2010
Victoria, BC
Juolevi looks dynamic offensively out there. Has the look of a PP1 QB, he's so dangerous on the point when the puck is in the offensive zone. Saw him make some really creative quick-thinking plays to create space and scoring opportunities, and his reads away from the puck were awesome too. There's something special there - wouldn't surprise me if he's the best dman in the draft if he can round out the defensive side of the game and bring that up a few notches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad