NFL Draft: 2016 NFL Draft Watch Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Amazes me how little pub Vernon Adams is getting. He checks every box except for his height but his tape at EWO/Oregon looks like Drew Brees. Its a crime.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Amazes me how little pub Vernon Adams is getting. He checks every box except for his height but his tape at EWO/Oregon looks like Drew Brees. Its a crime.

Lots of love, just not mainstream love. I think he goes higher than expected.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
The talk is that Stanley isn't the athlete that Tunsil is but he has a higher football I.Q. Understands how to run block and pass pro. Tunsil will still be great but he has a bigger learning curve. Stanley can step in day 1 and look like he's been there for years.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Man I feel for Jack. Healed from the meniscus but has a degenerative issue that will require microfracture surgery eventually. Same thing caused Willis and Munoz slip. Top 3 talent now has to sign an injury waiver.

I'm hearing all kinds of juicy rumors. Might be a wild 1st round.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The talk is that Stanley isn't the athlete that Tunsil is but he has a higher football I.Q. Understands how to run block and pass pro. Tunsil will still be great but he has a bigger learning curve. Stanley can step in day 1 and look like he's been there for years.

It's a bit strange. Two weeks ago Tunsil was the consensus 1st overall pick and now some think he may not even be the first tackle off the board. Last week Mayock also said he thinks the Chargers will take Ramsey so who knows.

I just like how no one really knows what's going to happen after the top two picks. Makes things so much more interesting going into tomorrow night.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
This surprises me. The fact that they are taking a tackle doesn't surprise me. The fact that it isn't Tunsil does.

And no, I am not giving Mayock a page click. I don't like him.

He's a smarter player and brings A+ intangibles. Tunsil has more potential and is an elite athlete.and pass pro but some question his durability and if he truly loves football.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Noah Spence sent his last 20 drug test results to every team in the league.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Oh and I have two scouting buddies (real not media) and the Leonard Floyd hype is real. More tape they watch they don't see an edge rusher, they see Jamie Collins and I see it too.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Now that I've had time to study some of the top prospects in this draft, I think Ezekiel Elliott, is going to have the most positive impact. I also think that the way things look now, he'll be going to Dallas. If that happens, it will make my summer that much better. I do not want Bosa.

I like Elliott but not a fan of grabbing him at #4. We have more pressing needs like adding a pass rusher or fixing the secondary.

I'm hoping Chargers take a tackle meaning we get to choose between Bosa/Buckner/Ramsey. Grab a running back in 2nd or 3rd round.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I like Elliott but not a fan of grabbing him at #4. We have more pressing needs like adding a pass rusher or fixing the secondary.

I'm hoping Chargers take a tackle meaning we get to choose between Bosa/Buckner/Ramsey. Grab a running back in 2nd or 3rd round.

I think Dallas should take a pass rusher as well, but I wouldn't be surprised if Elliott is their pick.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
Oh and I have two scouting buddies (real not media) and the Leonard Floyd hype is real. More tape they watch they don't see an edge rusher, they see Jamie Collins and I see it too.

Scout/exnfl player I follow on Twitter said if Floyd had been used as an edge rusher exclusively rather than at lb and in the slot than his numbers would have been way higher than they were. Georgia just had him all over the place. Mayocks Mingo/Jordan comparison is a little scary though.

I think it was Anthony Becht who said it.

Last edited:

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
I hate the Cowboys but am an Ohio State fan and love Ezekiel Elliot. He would be a MONSTER behind that O-line. That'd be a great spot for him to land. May not be the smartest pick for Dallas need or value wise, but it's hard to imagine that match not working out.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Scout/exnfl player I follow on Twitter said if Floyd had been used as an edge rusher exclusively rather than at lb and in the slot than his numbers would have been way higher than they were. Georgia just had him all over the place. Mayocks Mingo/Jordan comparison is a little scary though.

I think it was Anthony Becht who said it.

He's a better football player than either of those guys were coming out. He looks like an edge guy but he is not a great pass rusher. I think the Jamie Collins comp is right on. Similar to Bud Dupree last year.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Another Stanley/Tunsil tidbit. NFL OTs pass protect on over 120 7 step drops a year. Stanley did it 35 times last year, Tunsil only 7 times. Chargers utilize a lot of 7 step drops and protecting on a 7 is not easily learned.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
If the Chargers don't take a tackle, I would be very surprised.

If Tunsil is there for the Ravens at 6, they'll be doing backflips.

I don't think the two tackles will make it past the Jags, though.

The Jags are likely going D, their tackles are alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad