NFL Draft: 2016 NFL Draft Watch Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
If they take Ramsey over Tunsil, that's gotta speak more to the fact that they're not huge fans of Tunsil, right? I mean, all things equal, T is way more important than DB. They've gotta have some big questions about him.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Who was the last team to announce before the draft who they were going to take? I remember the Lions did it with Stafford, but that was before the rookie cap on contracts/the current CBA.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Its smokescreen season. Chargers would be dumb to pass up Tunsil for Ramsey. I have way more questions about Ramsey than Tunsil. Tunsil needs to get stronger, you can improve that. Ramsey has questionable ball skills and finish. That's the difference between getting Patrick Peterson or another Xavier Rhodes level corner.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Its smokescreen season. Chargers would be dumb to pass up Tunsil for Ramsey. I have way more questions about Ramsey than Tunsil. Tunsil needs to get stronger, you can improve that. Ramsey has questionable ball skills and finish. That's the difference between getting Patrick Peterson or another Xavier Rhodes level corner.

It's definitely smokescreen season but would it be a complete shocker if the Chargers felt Ramsey is the best player in the draft? I've heard a few people say that, both just based on their own opinion and from "sources".

Also, there's no need to bring Rhodes into this.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
It's definitely smokescreen season but would it be a complete shocker if the Chargers felt Ramsey is the best player in the draft? I've heard a few people say that, both just based on their own opinion and from "sources".

Also, there's no need to bring Rhodes into this.

They may feel that way but they also want to move the pick. I only bring Rhodes up because he's does everything right but doesn't turn the ball over enough. Peterson makes a team pay for going at him too often. Ramsey only had 3 picks in 3 years. That kind of bugs me because he dropped a lot of them.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
They may feel that way but they also want to move the pick. I only bring Rhodes up because he's does everything right but doesn't turn the ball over enough. Peterson makes a team pay for going at him too often. Ramsey only had 3 picks in 3 years. That kind of bugs me because he dropped a lot of them.

Haha. I knew exactly what you meant about Rhodes. It's true.

Does Ramsey have poor ball skills or is it just an area where he's not elite for someone projected to go that high? I've only seen two cut-ups of his, against Miami and NC State, and it's hard to tell from that. He was really bad on at least one of the plays in the Miami game but there were others were he was right there to break up the pass. I don't recall seeing any outright drops in those games. Of course that's just two games from this past season so a very small sample size.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
They just aren't good enough for a guy projected to go that high. Maybe the light will go on in the NFL but its tough. Mackenzie Alexander might be the best cover corner from a technical aspect but not enough splash plays to warrant a 1st. Ball skills are why William H. Jackson and Xavien Howard are rising with teams. Big, fast corners that will make a great play on the ball to turn it over. I think Jackson will be the 2nd corner off the board.

canucks10

Jan 15, 2014
Over the Rainbow

This is the Chargers though in the 3 drafts under the current regime they've always looked to address their biggest need in round 1 of the draft (Fluker in 2013, Verett 2014 and Gordon last year) the Chargers O-line is far from elite but they have invested allot of money there. Their starting safeties are Dwight Lowrey and Jaheel Addae no question that's their biggest need.
I'm not saying it's the right idea but if the previous drafts are anything to go by Ramsey will be the pick.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I don't think Ramsey is the best safety in the draft. He can play cb or safety pretty well but if you want a pure safety with range, smarts, physicality and toughness its Karl Joseph from West Virginia.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Man I hope my team or some team invests in Vernon Adams. Yeah he's small but he is the total package as a QB from the pocket and can make houdini plays when it goes off script. I really think he can be something if given a shot. I see a little Tyrod Taylor but presses the pocket better and throws a better deep ball.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I think Ramsey is the best player in the draft. He reminds me of Sean Taylor.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Most have him pegged as a corner that can play safety. I think he's better off refining his game as a corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad