NFL Draft: 2016 NFL Draft Watch Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm going to be disappointed if the Vikings don't draft the German Randy Moss.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Miami should be trading down for more picks. They have so many more pressing holes to fill than RB.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Man I feel for Jack. Healed from the meniscus but has a degenerative issue that will require microfracture surgery eventually. Same thing caused Willis and Munoz slip. Top 3 talent now has to sign an injury waiver.

I'm hearing all kinds of juicy rumors. Might be a wild 1st round.

I thinking that the trades at the top will spark things to get crazy.

Been hearing stuff about the Saints ending up with Lynch, which please god no do not do this

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Might be gone. Tom Pellisero is at 49ers mini camp and is hearing the 49ers really like how Bosa and Buckner and Jack fit in their scheme.

Buckner is the one everyone keeps saying is the perfect fit there. I think he's there for them unless the Chargers take him or someone else trades up.

Unfortunately for Jack, it sounds like he's dropping out of the top 10.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

The Chargers taking him at 3 is the hot rumor at this time.

So much chaos at the top of the draft but all I know is I'm going to stay up until like 11PM only for the Panthers to trade out of the first round

I'm so sorry if this happens.

Miami should be trading down for more picks. They have so many more pressing holes to fill than RB.

Browns too

I think they'll stick and take a corner.

I think there's a chance they go with a defensive tackle.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Gettleman loves his linemen and I think he thinks he can get a corner later in the draft. Unless someone drops, I think they'll go DL. Voth thinks Hunter Henry with a Cleveland trade as a darkhorse. Carolna Huddle (Jeremy Igo (photographer)) has been pushing Henry for awhile. Jonathan Jones says Kevin Dodd, which is who I took in the mock (though I did that after a trade down to the top of the 2nd. Joe Person thinks Vernon Butler.

Side note, Sean McDermott is a W&M guy so I wouldn't be surprised to see them take Deandre Houston-Carson in the 3rd, especially if they acquire an extra pick. No matter what position he plays, he'd fill a hole. And he's had a good run up to the draft.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Bears at #11 should be in pretty good spot

Either get a good player slated top 10 (Since QB's will push someone good down) or they can potentially trade down as another team looks to move up

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I dunno. If Xavien Howard is there I think they take him.

I'd be okay with that. Bene and Boykin ease the pressure of him being a day 1 starter, and Coleman deep to cover his missteps is good insurance. They didn't meet with him though, and IIRC Gettleman doesn't usually draft players early he doesn't meet. But they completed those before Norman left.

Still, I think there's a lot of CB value in rounds 2-4. I truly think it'll depend entirely on who's available when they pick (as it should). BPA all day.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I'd be okay with that. Bene and Boykin ease the pressure of him being a day 1 starter, and Coleman deep to cover his missteps is good insurance. They didn't meet with him though, and IIRC Gettleman doesn't usually draft players early he doesn't meet. But they completed those before Norman left.

Still, I think there's a lot of CB value in rounds 2-4. I truly think it'll depend entirely on who's available when they pick (as it should). BPA all day.

Then Mackenzie Alexander might be a better choice. Probably more familiar with him being a Carolina kid.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Gettleman loves his linemen and I think he thinks he can get a corner later in the draft. Unless someone drops, I think they'll go DL. Voth thinks Hunter Henry with a Cleveland trade as a darkhorse. Carolna Huddle (Jeremy Igo (photographer)) has been pushing Henry for awhile. Jonathan Jones says Kevin Dodd, which is who I took in the mock (though I did that after a trade down to the top of the 2nd. Joe Person thinks Vernon Butler.

Side note, Sean McDermott is a W&M guy so I wouldn't be surprised to see them take Deandre Houston-Carson in the 3rd, especially if they acquire an extra pick. No matter what position he plays, he'd fill a hole. And he's had a good run up to the draft.

I have Carolina taking Dodd as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad