NFL Draft: 2016 NFL Draft Watch Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Seems like the cowboys may go Elliot if Ramsey is off the board. oh well run it 50 times a game, who needs a defence

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Albert Breer @AlbertBreer
Dug a little -- Per sources, issue for UCLA LB Myles Jack is a chondral defect in his right knee. Problem it'll be for him is up for debate.

Jack's defect may or may not be a result of his September injury. He can play with it. Whether it'll affect career length is the question.

... At any rate, I do know teams outside the Top 10 have been scrambling to do more background on Myles Jack, bc he may now fall to them.

Barr-Kendricks-Jack looks good to me. Barr can move around and play on the line so all three can stay on the field in nickel packages.

Last edited:

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Was re-watching all-22's of Wentz and I'm still not seeing a 1st overall QB. His release is funky, ball gets below his elbow when he loads up and he's not "matched up" when he releases the ball. He has tools but I think the groupthink took over.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Was re-watching all-22's of Wentz and I'm still not seeing a 1st overall QB. His release is funky, ball gets below his elbow when he loads up and he's not "matched up" when he releases the ball. He has tools but I think the groupthink took over.

Well, we see this every year. Not every year does it get to 1 and 2, but when the season ended, nobody thought Cam Newton would be #1 and guys like Christian Ponder and EJ Manuel were 1st round picks.

The one thing I don't like about these trades is that you blew all these draft picks, and the theory (for now, this always changes too) is that they're going to sit in Year 1. I'm just not a believe that players taken this high in the draft should be sat for a year because you don't think they're ready in year 1. If they're not ready, then they're not worth the pick, and certainly not worth trading up to do it. You've already devalued your asset. But I also get that you have to have a quarterback, and if he's you're guy, and you think he's going to be THE guy, then you gotta go try and do it.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Gabbert came out of nowhere that year. Well, at least for me it was out of nowhere because I didn't know who he was. Then I see guys like Mayock putting him above Cam on their final lists.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Gabbert has an elite toolset though and was only 20. I get why he was a 1st rounder. Wentz doesn't quite have that type of physical talent.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Cam was definitely not a consensus #1 pick, but I think his immediate success reinvigorated the desire to take a QB high after guys like Bradford, Stafford, Russell, Young, Smith, and arguably Ryan to a degree all ended up as rather unexciting (at least for awhile). After him it seems like there's been a premium placed on QBs near the top, even though guys like Wilson can prove to be immensely better value. Wentz/Goff are decent prospects, but we're now talking about overslotting AND dealing the house for them. That's a big difference.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Its a lot of draft capital but Roseman and Snead are on the hot seat so they are swinging for the fences. If it doesn't work they are fired anyway.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I think Keith Marshall can be a late round steal as a do it all type back. Had an injury plagued career at Georgia but he flashed whenever he was on the field. Good size and explosive speed. Not a bell cow back but 3rd down, special teams, C.O.P. type.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I am calling Kenyan Drake being a better pro than Derrick Henry if he can do what he couldn't do at 'Bama for 4 years and that's be 100% healthy.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I think Kenneth Dixon is the second RB off the board. CJ Prosise goes in the top five RBs somewhere on day two. The two Alabama guys are the others in the top five.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I think Paul Perkins is undervalued. Dude has quickness and vision and some serious shake. I worry if he can hold up between the tackles. Not an overly physical runner.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I think Paul Perkins is undervalued. Dude has quickness and vision and some serious shake. I worry if he can hold up between the tackles. Not an overly physical runner.

One of the guys I was looking at for the Broncos, like the old days when they'd plug in late round RBs.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
And I wish the NFL media would stop using "pro style offense". Its so ****ing lazy and shows they don't really analyze tape. A guy under center and making audibles? Zomg pro stylez! Stop.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Bosa should be picked at 4 but the buzz is either Elliott or Ramsey. The big rumor is Jax taking Leonard Floyd at 5 and totally throwing the 1st into chaos.

If the top 5 shakes out

Goff
Wentz
Ramsey
Elliott
Floyd

That would leave Buckner, Bosa, Tunsil and Jack and Stanley to round out the top 10. That would be absolutely nuts.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Bosa should be picked at 4 but the buzz is either Elliott or Ramsey. The big rumor is Jax taking Leonard Floyd at 5 and totally throwing the 1st into chaos.

If the top 5 shakes out

Goff
Wentz
Ramsey
Elliott
Floyd

That would leave Buckner, Bosa, Tunsil and Jack and Stanley to round out the top 10. That would be absolutely nuts.

Please, someone take Paxton Lynch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad