NFL Draft: 2016 NFL Draft Watch Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I like Howard more, but that might be my size bias talking and Alexander didn't seem to struggle when matching up against bigger receivers. I wouldn't mind taking him either, I don't think, and the Panthers did meet with him.

My gut says they trade down though. I think some team gets nervous that Denver will take a QB and throws an offer at Gettleman that he can't refuse.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
My gut says they trade down though. I think some team gets nervous that Denver will take a QB and throws an offer at Gettleman that he can't refuse.

Yeah, they're in a really good spot picking one spot ahead of Denver. I wouldn't be surprised if they did trade down with a team that wants Lynch if he's still there.

Corner is fairly deep this year, it seems... as is the defensive line. I think Carolina could use both positions.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Yeah, they're in a really good spot picking one spot ahead of Denver. I wouldn't be surprised if they did trade down with a team that wants Lynch if he's still there.

Corner is fairly deep this year, it seems... as is the defensive line. I think Carolina could use both positions.

Yeah my only disappointment will be if they take a DT in round one with Short and Star soon to be locked up long-term. That's just overkill. But it's a good year to need the positions that they do.

I love the unpredictability of this year's draft. I've not sure there are a whole lot of superstars, but not knowing who'll be taken pick to pick makes it exciting while waiting an entire round for my team.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Yeah my only disappointment will be if they take a DT in round one with Short and Star soon to be locked up long-term. That's just overkill. But it's a good year to need the positions that they do.

I love the unpredictability of this year's draft. I've not sure there are a whole lot of superstars, but not knowing who'll be taken pick to pick makes it exciting while waiting an entire round for my team.

I meant defensive end, not defensive line.

Yeah, we don't even know what the team that is picking third is going to do.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
For what it's worth... this is what I have. I only predicted two trades since I suck at predicting trades (other than ATL trading up for Julio Jones years ago).

1. LA- Jared Goff, QB, Cal
2. PHI- Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State
3. SD- DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon
4. DAL- Jalen Ramsey, CB/S, Florida State
5. JAX- Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State
6. BAL- Laremy Tunsil, OT, Ole Miss
7. SF- Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame
8. MIA (from CLE)- Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State*
9. TB- Leonard Floyd, OLB, Georgia
10. NYG- Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State
11. CHI- Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson
12. NO- Vernon Hargreaves, CB, Florida
13. CLE (from MIA)- Josh Doctson, WR, TCU*
14. OAK- Myles Jack, OLB, UCLA
15. TEN- Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State
16. DET- Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville
17. ATL- Darron Lee, OLB, Ohio State
18. IND- Ryan Kelly, C, Alabama
19. DEN (from BUF)- Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis*
20. NYJ- Eli Apple, CB, Ohio State
21. WAS- Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama
22. HOU- Corey Coleman, WR, Baylor
23. MIN- Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss
24. CIN- Will Fuller, WR, Notre Dame
25. PIT- William Jackson III, CB, Houston
26. SEA- Germain Ifedi, OT, Texas A&M
27. GB- Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama
28. KC- Artie Burns, CB, Miami
29. ARI- Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson
30. CAR- Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson
31. BUF (from DEN)- Robert Nkemdiche, DT, Ole Miss*

*me projecting a trade

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It's kind of funny, no one had made trades within a month before the draft, it looks like it would be boring. Now, we're going to have fireworks.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I'm reading that they want Buckner. Rivers is gonna get killed behind that "line".

VonSackDance.0.gif

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
If the draft plays out like this...

1. LA- Goff
2. PHI- Wentz
3. SD- Ramsey
4. DAL- Bosa

That leaves the Jaguars with...? I think they'd try to trade down to a team that wants a tackle, but I don't know what they'd do in this scenario. I think Ramsey and Bosa are 1 and 2 on their board in some order.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
At this point i'd be more content with trading down instead of trading up to get Zeke.

Too many holes to fill and there is options out there in free agency (Foster for one) that you could use as a stopgap. The O-line still sucks, the linebackers leave a lot to be desired and they could really use an impact corner.

Please Dallas. Take one for the team and take him at 4.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Myles Jack still expected to fall just outside the top 10.

That's a pick i wouldn't mind looking at. Risky as all hell with the knee problems but his speed would be really valuable covering monsters like Gronk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad