Steve Longa, LB, Rutgers
Tyvis Powell, FS, Ohio State
Trevone Boykin, QB, TCU
Tanner McEvoy, TE, Wisconsin
DeAnthony Arnett, WR, Michigan State
Lars Koht, DT, FIU
Lene Maiava, OL, Arizona
Devin Fosselman, WR, Jackson State

Can't keep but half of them obviously, but wow some of these guys will have a legit shot to make the team. And the inevitable Vern Adams tryout next month of course.

I can't stand the Ducks but Adams is an intriguing prospect. Considering some of the bums I just watched get drafted, I can't believe no one even signed him to an FA deal. He and Boykin can duke it out to see who will be Wilson's next backup.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
There is no cap on UDFAs, but you have your 90 man roster limit to deal with.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Jeff Fisher mentioned he hopes to sign 15-20 UDFAs so not sure of the cap.

Anyone have any info on Tyler Higbee or Mike Thomas (of Southern Miss)? Seem them play and have an opinion on them?

i like mike thomas. took him in our mock draft. doesn't have blowing speed or great natural hands or route running ability but he really fights hard for the balls and comes up with them quite often, even with contested catches (but then on the other hand he's have some pretty bad drops). 6'1 but plays much bigger. plays hard and fights for every inch.

also seemed to struggle with his release and is raw but i really like the potential with this kid.

i suggest you watch his tape, i really liked it.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Colts drafted 4!!! offensive linemens. Needless to say, the message was clear. I'm super excited that we havexpect finally found our center of the future. I would like to read a report on Le'Raven Clark if possible.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
The Saints got not one, but two, 2015 AP All American first-team offensive linemen - as UDFA's. That's wild. I didn't care for all the trading up but that UDFA class is like having 5-6 more quality draft picks.

How do guys like Jack Allen and Trae Elston not get drafted? Blows my mind.

Mike Mayock said something at the end of the draft that was interesting. He was talking about the measurable that the big OL had. Running mid 5's in the 40, and other tests.

He said, based on analytics, the history says that players with heavy feet for OL don't do well at the next level, despite all of their NCAA success. That's one of the reasons, the NFL won't do away for the combine tests. They are used as a baseline of comparison against past players to try to project the chances of success.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Seattle adds 16 UDFAs.:amazed:

Christian French, LB, Oregon
Brandin Bryant, DT, FAU
Darvell Harris, CB, North Alabama
David Perkins, DE/OLB, Illinois State
Deontrae Cooper, WR, Colorado State-Pueblo
George Fant, TE, Western Kentucky
DeAndre Elliot, CB, CSU
Tre Madden, RB, USC
Steve Longa, LB, Rutgers
Tyvis Powell, FS, Ohio State
Trevone Boykin, QB, TCU
Tanner McEvoy, TE, Wisconsin
DeAnthony Arnett, WR, Michigan State
Lars Koht, DT, FIU
Lene Maiava, OL, Arizona
Devin Fosselman, WR, Jackson State

Can't keep but half of them obviously, but wow some of these guys will have a legit shot to make the team. And the inevitable Vern Adams tryout next month of course.

I can't stand the Ducks but Adams is an intriguing prospect. Considering some of the bums I just watched get drafted, I can't believe no one even signed him to an FA deal. He and Boykin can duke it out to see who will be Wilson's next backup.

UDFA sign with Seattle because Pete Carroll has shown a history of competition at training camp and will play the best performing players regardless of contract or draft status.

How many other coaches would have put their team in the hands of a 3rd round under sized QB when they just signed Matt Flynn to a big contract and pay him $8 million to sit on the bench instead of starting for them?

Plus, they have cut some of their 4th-later round picks in their 1st year to keep an UDFA. They admit to their mistakes at the draft and continue to build and develop talent.

Plus, the Seahawks have the most players claimed off waivers since 2010. So, even if you don't stick with them, you can get claimed by another team if the Hawks leave you on their practice roster. That's what makes them an attractive place to sign with even though they are a contending team, vs a non-playoff team which should have more openings.

Plus, the Hawks seem to play their guys to their strengths. Sherman wasn't super fluid, so they didn't ask him to do more than his was capable of early in his career. Then he blossomed in their system. All players have their flaws. It's just how to you accentuate their strengths now, while working to improve their weaknesses. Plus there are plenty of sub packages in the game to use a player to their strength. Don't need every player to be a 3 down player.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Jeff Fisher mentioned he hopes to sign 15-20 UDFAs so not sure of the cap.

Anyone have any info on Tyler Higbee or Mike Thomas (of Southern Miss)? Seem them play and have an opinion on them?

Higbee probably would have gone higher if it wasn't for his recent arrest. He isn't much of a blocker yet but he can make some plays down the field and will be a big target.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Like what Miami did for the most part. Tunsil was a steal, Howard was a bit of a reach but it sounds like he'll fit right into their plans for defense.

I really like the pick of Kenyan Drake too. From everything i've heard so far it sounds like he's a C.J Anderson type player. Maybe not a 3 down back, but has elusiveness and really good hands out of the backfield. He'll compliment Ayjai far better than a guy like Henry would.

The pick makes a load of sense given Gase chased after the actual C.J Anderson during free agency, and the fact he's had a reliable pass catching RB work very well in his schemes in the past (the aforementioned Anderson in Denver, and Matt Forte in Chicago)

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Watson has to be the favorite for being the only QB.

Your scout buddies have anything to say about Lynch? (I hope the don't work for the Jets:sarcasm:)

Lol nah. One works for S.F. and the other for Arizona. I know the 49ers liked Lynch. They like his physical traits and potential. The only issue is that he's a bit immature and needs time to grow into the position. Controlling the huddle and managing the game and being an assertive leader.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Lol nah. One works for S.F. and the other for Arizona. I know the 49ers liked Lynch. They like his physical traits and potential. The only issue is that he's a bit immature and needs time to grow into the position. Controlling the huddle and managing the game and being an assertive leader.

That is interesting because both of those teams could use a QB and I'm sure they too a good look at him.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I guess i'm the only one who thinks cook is better than Fournette. but oh well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad