NFL Draft: 2016 NFL Draft thread - Part 2

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Not even close. Fournette would've had 2,000 yards despite running into 8 man boxes every game since they had garbage quarterbacks. Fournette is the closest thing to Bo Jackson you'll see. A 6'2" 230 lb pound man shouldn't be as shifty as he is. He has great feet, hips, vision, power, speed and he is incredibly coachable. He also is willing in pass pro and has great hands. He's rare man.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
That is interesting because both of those teams could use a QB and I'm sure they too a good look at him.

I'm sure they contemplated taking Lynch before picking the lineman.

But honestly, regardless of what happens with Kap, Gabbert will be at least competent for a few years.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Vikings draft:

1 (23) WR Laquon Treadwell
-Love this pick. Great fit for the offense and the best WR in the class IMO. Happy he fell as I expected him to be the first WR off the board and the Vikings to end up with Coleman or Doctson, who both ended up going before him.

2 (54) CB Mackensie Alexander
-Could've used a S like Vonn Bell or Darian Thompson here more, but he was BPA. He won't play much this year but Terence Newman is 38 and Munnerlyn is in the last year of his deal. He'll be the nickle in 2017.

4 (121) T/G Willie Beavers
-Don't know much about him, but the pundits seem to like him. The Vikings have a ton of bodies at OL and unless they carry 10, they could wind up cutting Phil Loadholt or Andre Smith. Cause you normally don't cut 4th round picks.

5 (160) ILB Kentrell Brothers
-Tackling machine. At worst you're getting a special teams ace/solid backup and could develop into more.

6 (180) WR Moritz Boehringer
-Great athlete and great story but seems destined for the Practice Squad.

6 (188) TE David Morgan
-Will probably make the team as the #3/blockling TE given Ellison's injury.

6 (227) DE Stephen Weatherly
-Developmental player. Could beat out 2014 3rd round pick Scott Crichton out for a job though.

7 (244) S Jayron Kearse
-Zimmer special. Could potentially develop into something, maybe not. Probably Practice Squad in year one, but worth a shot late in the 7th.

I love the trade they made with Miami too moving their 3rd for a 3rd and 4th next year and a 6th this year (David Morgan, after a couple trades).

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Fournette's only problem is that LSU as a team folds every November. He got no blocking the last month of the season, team effort was down everywhere, that's why so many people want Les Miles fired going on a few years now.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
4 (121) T/G Willie Beavers
-Don't know much about him, but the pundits seem to like him. The Vikings have a ton of bodies at OL and unless they carry 10, they could wind up cutting Phil Loadholt or Andre Smith. Cause you normally don't cut 4th round picks.

This was the best moment of the whole weekend:

Mayock: "I'm very much a Beavers guy, Rich"
*snickers in background*
Next pick is in, Bears pick Deon Bush. You can hear people trying to stifle their laughter. Mayock is like "Bush caught my eye at the East-West game" and can't even finish the sentence he's laughing so hard. Tears in his eyes. Eisen is like "i can't even....just go to commercial"

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Fournette's only problem is that LSU as a team folds every November. He got no blocking the last month of the season, team effort was down everywhere, that's why so many people want Les Miles fired going on a few years now.

The only team he struggled with was Alabama but no one ran on those monsters.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I give my Falcons a D.

One of the deepest drafts for DL in years, a HUGE need, and they draft zero.

I gave them a C+

Love Neal and Hooper.

Dion Jones is good, but for a fourth round pick. Not a 2nd. Can't believe they didn't drop a few picks in the first, pick up an extra 4th, and still grab Neal.

canucks10

Jan 15, 2014
Over the Rainbow
I really like the Chargers draft (certainly seems the most promising of the Telesco era) with the exception of drafting a Punter & Fullback in the 6th

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I think Kansas City gets the WTF pick. Getting a kick returner who was tossed off the Okie State football team for punching and choking his pregnant girlfriend.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Broncos: A minus

Went out and got the best QB prospect realistically available and didn't overpay to move up. Furthermore, didn't make a bad deal for Kaep or Bradford.

Positionaly they hit all the needs except for TE.

Gotsis was a surprise as the 3-4 DE prospect, but subsequent reports of DL coach Bill Kollar going on a hunger strike for him and Elway saying he heard some teams were targeting him in the 3rd assuage the sticker shock.

I'm ok spending a day 3 pick on a punter especially with the kicking advantage in Denver.

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
Who trades up in the 2nd round for the only kicker taken in the draft? Although Cook fell, based on the quality of the interactions NFL teams had with him, he went where he should have and was not under valued. Personality matters.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Saints did good. I don't think they had a Jaguars or Bears level draft, but I think they did enough to get a solid B.

Training camp should have some really nice competition for the trenches.

mulli25

Jun 25, 2008
NJ
I give my Bengals a solid B+ for this draft

It was hard to be so close to my ideal pick, Doctson, @24 and missing out, but drafting Tyler Boyd in the 2nd made me feel all better about it. Also, grabbing the Steeler's pick right out from under them was beautiful.

Billings in the 4th was a great snag too.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I still can't believe Hackenberg was drafted where he was.

I can. Coaches have been smitten with his mechanics since high school.

Never mind mechanics don't mean **** if you can't read a defense and constantly over-throw wide open receivers, but he's been overrated every step of the way. A source of constant disappointment for a Penn State fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad