Prospect Info: 2016 Leafs Development Camp - July 4th-9th, 2016. Niagara Falls, ON

pgk

Jun 24, 2014
Mitch weights in at 163 lbs, London Bound. :help:

He looks good. He'll be beast mode in the gym, don't worry about the number. he could lay into the cheesburgers and make 175 but it's more important that he's strong and in great condition.

Lainehasaweirdface

May 14, 2015
Didn't see a thread about this (i guess i'm quite excited this year :laugh:)

Leafs Summer Development Camp July 4th-9th (Niagara Falls, Ontario)

Official details: http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=886560

Undrafted Invitees

1. Jordan Murray, D, Univ. of New Brunswick (CIS)
2. Alan Lyszczarczyk, F, Sudbury (OHL)
3. Michael Carcone, F, Drummondville (QMJHL)

Hopefully all our drafted players will be there :handclap:

Matthews' first appearance in blue & white :popcorn:

LOL Mike Carcone

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
He looks good. He'll be beast mode in the gym, don't worry about the number. he could lay into the cheesburgers and make 175 but it's more important that he's strong and in great condition.
Not a shock that there hasn't been much time to dump on weight. OHL season, WJC, more OHL season, playoffs, memorial cup, and then a break until he had to come to this thing.

In the end so long as he's been working hard and getting stronger that's all that matters. He's what 10 pounds lighter than Patrick Kane? I agree that he's going to make or not make the lineup based on his play on the ice, not his weight on the scale.

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
Whether Mitch weighs in at 150 or 180, doesn't matter, it's about what he does on the ice during camp and preseason.

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
Jeremy Bracco - July 4, 2016

Most under rated prospect we have imo. I am VERY high on Bracco.

163 on Mitch is a bit disappointing, not gonna lie (although can't find such a fact). Found this last night, Marner interview from couple weeks ago, talks about his training and eating. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l8dLnjZacs

Sorry if it's been posted.

Thanks Seer!! :handclap:

Last edited:

Big Easy

Jan 21, 2014
SW Ontario
Its hard to put on weight when he will be getting loads of cardio this week.

Marner should have sat out the development camp and just been going hard in the gym till actual camp starts. Plus he had a long season with the Memorial Cup run. We know he can play hockey, we need him bulking up as much as he can by September.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
you know we are pretty lucky to have a bunch of prospects that have such a range of personality.

also did anyone watch the sdp /podcastinterview around the draft they had a funny question asked. who out of marner Mathews and nylander would be abusing tinder in t.o... they all picked nylander. said theres rumors hes a bit of a ***** already lol

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Undrafted Invitees

1. Jordan Murray, D, Univ. of New Brunswick (CIS)
2. Alan Lyszczarczyk, F, Sudbury (OHL)
3. Michael Carcone, F, Drummondville (QMJHL)

Total list of invites ended up being:

Jordan Murray, D, Univ. of New Brunswick (CIS)
Alan Lyszczarczyk, F, Sudbury (OHL) - (2016 undrafted)
Michael Carcone, F, Drummondville (QMJHL)
Stephen Baylis, W, Bowling Green State Univ. (NCAA) - (2015 Invite)
Anthony Brodeur, G, Penticton Vees (BCHL) - (Drafted by NJD, 2013)
Nikolas Brouillard, D, Quebec Remparts/Rouyn-Noranda Huskies (QMJHL) - (2015 Invite, Marlies contract next year)
Shane Conacher, RW, Canisius College (NCAA)/Marlies ATO - (Marlies contract next year)
Tye Felhaber, C, Saginaw Spirit (OHL) - (2016 undrafted)
Nikita Lisov, D, Vladivostok Admiral (KHL)
Jon Jutzi, D, Minnesota State Univ. Mankato (NCAA)
Mason Marchment, LW, Hamilton Bulldogs/Mississauga Steelheads (OHL)/Marlies ATO - (Marlies contract next year)
Trevor Moore, LW, Univ. of Denver (NCAA)
Chris Nell, G, Bowling Green State Univ. (NCAA)
David Ovsjannikov, G, Saginaw Spirit/Barrie Colts (OHL)
Brandon Saigeon, C, Hamilton Bulldogs (OHL) - (2016 undrafted)
Ty Stanton, D, Medicine Hat Tigers (WHL)/Marlies ATO - (Marlies contract next year)
Chase Witala, LW, Prince George Cougars (WHL)/Marlies ATO - (Marlies contract next year)
Tyler Wong, RW, Lethbridge Hurricanes (WHL)/Marlies ATO

Caesium

Apr 13, 2006
Mitch weights in at 163 lbs, London Bound. :help:

I'm not too concerned with him at 163. There are plenty of players playing in the 170-180 range, and I would expect Mitch to be up around 170 by the time the season starts. His game is about quickness and elusiveness, not laying the body. He only needs to be strong enough to absorb a hit now and then.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Mitch Marner has always been "too small". I'm surprised he could hold all the trophies he won last year he's so small. Too much. Just watch and enjoy. he's going to be great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad