Prospect Info: 2016 Leafs Development Camp - July 4th-9th, 2016. Niagara Falls, ON

Haligonian

---------
Dec 23, 2008
Halifax
Jordan Murray is a defenseman that I can certainly see earning a spot on the Marlies blueline next year. A mature player with decent size and underrated skills. CIS (very underrated hockey) defenseman of the year and the #1 defenseman on the national champion UNB V-Reds. I think he'll surprise people.

WhatASaveDave

Feb 3, 2010
toronto ontario
Didn't see a thread about this (i guess i'm quite excited this year :laugh:)

Leafs Summer Development Camp July 4th-9th (Niagara Falls, Ontario)

Official details: http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=886560

Undrafted Invitees

1. Jordan Murray, D, Univ. of New Brunswick (CIS)
2. Alan Lyszczarczyk, F, Sudbury (OHL)
3. Michael Carcone, F, Drummondville (QMJHL)

Hopefully all our drafted players will be there :handclap:

Matthews' first appearance in blue & white :popcorn:

Wanted the Leafs to draft this guy. 31.25 % chance of making it to the NHL according to prospect cohort success

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Should add a poll, who is the 1st Prospect spotted at the Sundowner?

FriendlyGiant

Jul 28, 2006

The leafs released their development camp roster

Hmmm... Tony Cameranesi is conspicuously not included. I was hoping they would bring him to the development camp and then to the rookie camp for a good look. Are they not interested at all?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
No Korshkov or Chebykin. All the other 2016 draftees are attending.

Nikita Lisov is a name I've never heard before. 22yo defenseman who played Vladivostok in the KHL last year. Another Zaitsev, perhaps?

6'1", 201 lbs.

More mature and played full season this year, and 32 games last year.

Depending on contract, could be available in short order if he looks like he has it.

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
Felhaber and Lyszczarczyk stand out to me as guys who management would sign

Lisov as well, if they could court him until next year when we have more contract spots open.

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad
do we still have the rights for Herzog? he's not on the list and the guy played alot with Matthews...interested in Saigeon

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Hmmm... Tony Cameranesi is conspicuously not included. I was hoping they would bring him to the development camp and then to the rookie camp for a good look. Are they not interested at all?

He's done it a few times already, I'm not that surprised. I'm not sure any player on that roster has attended more than 2 or maybe 3 camps.This is an intro to living the pro life, and while he hasn't played a full pro season yet, he's had that education experience already, and just needs to focus on putting it into action and coming to the real rookie camp prepared.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
I feel a 5 for 1 trade coming for another puncher. These young skilled guys are gonna have to show strength and toughness going forward to survive the new/old approach in Toronto.

Auston Matthews

Maple Leafs.
Dec 6, 2010
Mississauga
Lyszczarczyk is arguably the current face of Polish hockey... I was hoping we would draft him, but I guess this is the next best thing. Glad they are giving him a shot. He might be a special kid, under the radar type of player.

Here are a few standout excerpts from this article: http://www.thesudburystar.com/2015/10/22/wolves-lyszczarczyk-a-pleasant-surprise

"His work ethic, every shift, is off the charts," Matsos said. "He never stops. You take that work ethic in any player, any day of the week. It's just a bonus that he's skilled and works that hard.

"The word on the street was this kid was a goal-scoring machine," Matsos said. "Now, I don't know how good the league is that he played in, but if you saw his numbers, they were gross. He was a goal-scoring machine over there.

every day, he just seems to get better, little by little

We should sign him to an ELC and let him develop a little more and we might just have the next Mariusz Czerkawski on our hands! I predict he will explode offensively next season. He was almost PPG in his first season in the OHL.

The kid can skate fast and has a hell of a shot.

Last edited:

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005

They signed him to try out contract then released him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad