2016 Draft Thread III (June 24-25, 7PM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
At this point, isn't the people-watching just reading WAY too much into things?

GM's in multiple discussions on the draft floor? Not in this case, they have something to talk about outside of tee-times.

This is where you can see a lot of frame work done for deals.

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
You do? I don't. I see it as an escape route for management. A way to cover their mistakes and have reasons to it.

"Look we got a break at the lottery. Now we can trade back and get a pretty good prospect who is a center , and relieve ourselves of cap and a bad contract." this Logan brown is a future #1 center thing that has come out of nowhere seems like a validation that Columbus is prepping their fans for him. I believe if our salary cap structure was fine, we'd run up and select Puljujarvi or Laine with no drama. If they trade this pick for a good package and take Logan brown, I believe it's because of covering for mistakes, not because they actually believe he's some great prospect.

This :yo:

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
no mention of a 3 way trade from LeBrun/McKenzie. Just that the three of them were chatting.... draft needs to happen. I don't want to lose Bob. I know the contract and performance are meh... but I think he'll bounce back.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I like the idea of a 3 way trade better. It means we're more likely to get that center I've been hoping for (Edmonton has 2 and Calgary has 1 ((if you don't count Monahan))).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad