2016 Draft Thread III (June 24-25, 7PM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
"With the first pick in the draft, the Toronto Maple Leafs are proud to select...."

(The lights cut out. A confused murmuring is heard in the crowd, building louder and louder. Suddenly, a spotlight illuminates one single mustache.)

"BAH GAWD KING, THAT'S JOHN DAVIDSON'S MUSIC!"
a Russell Brayan and Jim Ross reference in one day... your the hero we need... but not the one that we deserve

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
"With the first pick in the draft, the Toronto Maple Leafs are proud to select...."

(The lights cut out. A confused murmuring is heard in the crowd, building louder and louder. Suddenly, a spotlight illuminates one single mustache.)

"BAH GAWD KING, THAT'S JOHN DAVIDSON'S MUSIC!"

Guess who...

boomer_medium.jpg

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Even if Pulju is ready next year he's not going to do much. Same as most rookies.

But by the same token, by the time any of these guys are difference makers our positional needs could and likely would be very different from how we perceive them now.

So don't draft for an immediate player and don't draft for position.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Riddle me this , if the jackets are going to wait to see what the peg does before they make a decision , and if the 6 that we invited for visits , it was the following

The Blue Jackets invited six players, including Puljujarvi, to Columbus in the days following the NHL scouting combine in early June.

The other five players -- forwards Matthew Tkachuk, Logan Brown, Pierre-Luc Dubois and Clayton Keller, and defenseman Jake Bean -- would be candidates for selection if the Blue Jackets trade down in the order.

Anyone see Laine there ? Obviously we're hoping Winnipeg doesn't take Jesse, or we will
Most likely trade the pick . Could u imagine this board of we pass on Laine :laugh:

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Frank SeravalliVerified account
‏@frank_seravalli Frank Seravalli Retweeted Darren Dreger
Bobrovsky believed to be avail #CBJ. Huge ticket $7.4M x 3. Contract can't wow CGY, but acquistn cost will be lower.Frank Seravalli added,

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger
Brad Treliving has been among most engaged in discussions as draft floor fills up. Jarmo Kekelainen and Treliving now in 3rd discussion.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Frank SeravalliVerified account
‏@frank_seravalli Frank Seravalli Retweeted Darren Dreger
Bobrovsky believed to be avail #CBJ. Huge ticket $7.4M x 3. Contract can't wow CGY, but acquistn cost will be lower.Frank Seravalli added,

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger
Brad Treliving has been among most engaged in discussions as draft floor fills up. Jarmo Kekelainen and Treliving now in 3rd discussion.

Probably just talking about how close their teams are in the alphabet

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Jarmo looks set on Brown at 6. What if EDM or VAN take him?

Why would Edmonton take him? They are already loaded at center.....

Vancouver seems set on taking Dubois, which is fine with me.

I just don't want to sell too low on Pulj/Laine to take Brown. No reason to move the pick unless we get a 1C + top-10 pick back.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Why would Edmonton take him? They are already loaded at center.....

Vancouver seems set on taking Dubois, which is fine with me.

I just don't want to sell too low on Pulj/Laine to take Brown. No reason to move the pick unless we get a 1C + top-10 pick back.

What if EDM trades out of #4 and someone jumps up for Brown? Seems risky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad