2016 Draft Thread III (June 24-25, 7PM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
How did u embed that , I captured on my iPad, says too large to upload

Honestly, I don't know how normal people do it or how to on the Ipad.

I went to the page and did an inspect to get the tweet-id. Frankly there has to be an easier way, as this is annoying.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
To EDM: Hamilton + 6th OA + 34th OA

To CGY: 3rd OA + Hartnell

To CBJ: Draisatl + 4th OA

Unless Jarmo's secret conversations have been a front for some sort of mind control thing, it's not happening. Hartnell appears to be spare parts and the Draisatil is worth way more than the cost of moving down a spot.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
Eh?...

To Calgary
Bobrovsky
3rd

To Edmonton
Hamilton
6th

To CBJ
RNH
4th

+ stuff?

I think there's something to satisfy all three teams. Very possible.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
Also could just be tossed out there that Jarmo had a hand in drafting Ben Bishop. Not to say we'd carousel expensive goalies, but it's a good summer to do it.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Eh?...

To Calgary
Bobrovsky
3rd

To Edmonton
Hamilton
6th

To CBJ
RNH
4th

+ stuff?

I think there's something to satisfy all three teams. Very possible.

That... actually made sense.

Potential upgrades for each team. Is Hamilton really going to help Edmonton's D? Is RNH going to be the Jackets best center? Is Bobrovsky going to be healthy enough to help the Flames?

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
No way we trade Korpi, not buying that

His value will realistically, never be higher and there's a good chance we could lose him for nothing next season. It's an interesting idea.

But given how mismanaged our cap is, I believe it's Bob.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
We could add a prospect or two to get to the value of Draisitle just not sure they'd be into it.

I'd rather have Draisaitl than RNH + 4thOA + 2nd + 3rd. But I bet Edmonton would rather have Draisaitl than all of that put together.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
His value will realistically, never be higher and there's a good chance we could lose him for nothing next season. It's an interesting idea.

Screw that , trade Forseberg, same could be said for him, and korpi has showed it at nhl level

major major

Feb 18, 2013

Yeah, if you presume he won't become an NHL goalie. I don't know why we would presume that.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
If Korpisalo is the trade target, you better believe they are eating a big contract with that.

Not all that opposed to it with Forsberg.

I'd prefer we trade Groinsovsky.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I don't believe anyone will actually take on Bob and his contract right now. After a great season, yes. A team desperate might do it, if they have the cap space.

It's entirely possible that the Flames want Korpi and Jarmo says no. But you have to give up something that's desirable to make a trade, and IMO, Korpi is the type of goalie that teams would be far more willing to trade for.

If this trade happens and salary is let go, I cannot believe that wasn't part of the motivating factor. What's going to be frustrating is that Pulju will go 3rd and make a bigger impact in the NHL next season than Logan Brown. Maybe 3-4 years from now, Logan Brown is the better player, but it's going to take some time and that's only going let to questioning why trades were made.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

3 way involving 3, 4, and 6 with bob going to Calgary and one of the million high draft pick centers in Edmonton coming to Columbus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad