3. Chychrun
4. Puji
5. Tkachuk
6. Dubois
7. Juolevi
8. Nylander
9. Bean
10. McLeod

I dont like the Russians just like TM :P.

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
I just ran the simulator a few times and stopped when it came up Edm, Buf, Tor. Talk about bittersweet. I loathe the Laffs, can't stand the oilers and their lottery luck, and yet the Sabres get second. Oy.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Am I the only one who thinks Dubois looks almost identical to Grigorenko in terms of how the look in juniors?

But Dubois isn't already 22 in his draft year :sarcasm: In all seriousness, I can see the comparison, especially in terms of their frames.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Am I the only one who thinks Dubois looks almost identical to Grigorenko in terms of how the look in juniors?

Just in terms of aesthetics, or the way they play the game? Isn't Dubois known as more of a hard work, determination, high IQ, cerebral all around game type? As in, all the things Grigo is not

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Just in terms of aesthetics, or the way they play the game? Isn't Dubois known as more of a hard work, determination, high IQ, cerebral all around game type? As in, all the things Grigo is not

Grigorenko was never knocked for his IQ in junior. As far as work ethic and determination is concerned, I can't really speak to his intangibles, just what I see when I watch him play.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
"Look" as in build? Or "look" as in game?

They are built similarly. But game? No. Not at all.

Care to elaborate? They skate almost identically with the same center of gravity. I acknowledge I haven't seen enough of him to judge his compete level, but in terms of how he moves, it's uncanny.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Care to elaborate? They skate almost identically with the same center of gravity. I acknowledge I haven't seen enough of him to judge his compete level, but in terms of how he moves, it's uncanny.

Dubois' is MUCH higher. Also, while I do agree there are similarities in build and skating, Dubois I find to be more explosive with his skating.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Quick Question: If by some unforseen miracle we win the lottery will they strip us of it like they did with New Jersey when they could only move up 4 slots?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

So Grigorenko I think was a bit quicker in his draft year than Dubois, though I like PL's ability to get out of the corner and to the front of the net with and without the puck a little more. Grig's distribution was excellent, particularly when breaking people down from the right point on the PP or distributing from his forehand. Dubois seems to have more success closer to the net and in the slot, hash-marks in, and goes into those areas more often to create for himself and his linemates. He has more physical play to his game than Grigorenko, though that probably isn't nearly as necessary a defining characteristic as his pro-style offense while in high-traffic areas. Granted, this is kind of off the top of my head and from an impression of a player that seems like a lifetime ago. :laugh:

I think Dubois will be a successful forward in the middle 6 of nearly any team and could probably play any role in that 6. Size, ability in traffic, good feet, and a definite competitiveness on display are all part of the overall package... and he produces.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Quick Question: If by some unforseen miracle we win the lottery will they strip us of it like they did with New Jersey when they could only move up 4 slots?

Those were the rules in place in prior lotteries. The winner could only move up 4 spots. They changed the rules to anyone can win. Not it's anyone can win top 3 picks.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
So Grigorenko I think was a bit quicker in his draft year than Dubois, though I like PL's ability to get out of the corner and to the front of the net with and without the puck a little more. Grig's distribution was excellent, particularly when breaking people down from the right point on the PP or distributing from his forehand. Dubois seems to have more success closer to the net and in the slot, hash-marks in, and goes into those areas more often to create for himself and his linemates. He has more physical play to his game than Grigorenko, though that probably isn't nearly as necessary a defining characteristic as his pro-style offense while in high-traffic areas. Granted, this is kind of off the top of my head and from an impression of a player that seems like a lifetime ago. :laugh:

I think Dubois will be a successful forward in the middle 6 of nearly any team and could probably play any role in that 6. Size, ability in traffic, good feet, and a definite competitiveness on display are all part of the overall package... and he produces.

Cool, thanks for the detailed response. I just saw a player with an upright skating style and high center of gravity, and a certain stiffness that led to Grigorenko having such a difficult time winning one on one battles at this level. Hope that's not an issue with him.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Cool, thanks for the detailed response. I just saw a player with an upright skating style and high center of gravity, and a certain stiffness that led to Grigorenko having such a difficult time winning one on one battles at this level. Hope that's not an issue with him.

Eh, Grig's is the more upright of the two and I don't see any issue with Dubois balance or center of gravity that takes away from his ability to do things in traffic.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

Dubois, IMO, seems to have more muscle mass on his frame and seems stronger in the puck protection game.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
#1 Reason why the Leafs can't win the lottery?

The absolute nightmare the draft in Buffalo would become if the leafs held 1st overall.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

The absolute nightmare the draft in Buffalo would become if the leafs held 1st overall.

Eh, the 2002 draft in Toronto was one of the worst attended and worst attendee retention after the host team drafted of any draft I've been too (okay, that's four so far, but still). I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

The horror!

If the Sabres don't win the lottery, I want the Yotes to win it and Matthews can go home.

If the Oilers or Leafs win....

:banghead:

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
I'm honestly hoping for a top three of Edmonton, followed by Buffalo, followed by Arizona or Columbus. All the 1sts to Edmonton. Now that I don't care about getting Matthews, it just becomes funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad