2016 Development Camp

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I thought all you needed was a passport. Plus if he is in Buffalo its a 4 drive crossing no borders. :laugh:

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I thought all you needed was a passport. Plus if he is in Buffalo its a 4 drive crossing no borders. :laugh:

One would think but how many players have had visa issues at the trade deadline. However you are dealing with immigration. It might be easier because he's not actually under contract yet.

I've long given up trying to figure out immigration laws. I haven't been back to Canada since they decided I needed a passport instead of just my drivers license.

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa

You need a work visa if you are "performing work for which an American could reasonably expect to be paid." Not sure whether that applies in this case, since I don't know if the prospects get paid for development camp or whether an American who isn't on the CBJ roster could reasonably expect to be paid for development camp. Moot point if he's a dual citizen, though.

My guess is he'll be there, considering Sam Ruopp was there last year.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
You need a work visa if you are "performing work for which an American could reasonably expect to be paid." Not sure whether that applies in this case, since I don't know if the prospects get paid for development camp or whether an American who isn't on the CBJ roster could reasonably expect to be paid for development camp. Moot point if he's a dual citizen, though.

My guess is he'll be there, considering Sam Ruopp was there last year.

I thought the work thing might be the issue. Plus it would be hard to argue an American couldn't do the same given all the Americans drafted. :laugh:

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Of note.. Dante Salituro will be back for our Development Camp this year.

He was invited to CBJ's main camp last year and got an extended look at a possible contract offer before being sent to juniors. His point total remained relatively the same as the year prior as he had 83 points in 65 games.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Of note.. Dante Salituro will be back for our Development Camp this year.

He was invited to CBJ's main camp last year and got an extended look at a possible contract offer before being sent to juniors. His point total remained relatively the same as the year prior as he had 83 points in 65 games.

Molto bene

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Cl6t3QyWkAAIdjg.jpg

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Answering my own question, that is Martins son. Seems to have struggled since getting into the OHL

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
[Yt]F39Nd4EbPJE[/MEDIA]

[Yt]F3Gh1yH0dGE[/Yt]

I'm really liking elvis "i hope to learn something useful to use on the big ice to take back to Europe , it's like cheating ya know? " :laugh:

But he seems to have that all important drive to want toget better

Last edited:

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
[Yt]F39Nd4EbPJE[/MEDIA]

[Yt]F3Gh1yH0dGE[/Yt]

I'm really liking elvis "i hope to learn something useful to use on the big ice to take back to Europe , it's like cheating ya know? " :laugh:

But he seems to have that all important drive to want toget better

It is tough to get excited about a player who may never come over. I hope he does, but didn't he just sign for another 3 years with no NHL out clause? He seems to like it over there a lot and isn't too worried about getting over here to fight for a job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad