Speculation: 2016 Coyotes Off-Season Roster Discussion - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I was pro-Schenn 'til I looked at his advanced stats. Not sure he's much if any of an upgrade on Z at this point. Could always play Deangelo. Or who knows, maybe Wood cracks the lineup.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I was pro-Schenn 'til I looked at his advanced stats. Not sure he's much if any of an upgrade on Z at this point. Could always play Deangelo. Or who knows, maybe Wood cracks the lineup.

7D already with Dahlbeck, KConn, Z using the bottom pair. 8 if you count DeAngelo insisting he makes it this year. No room left for experiments. A richer team wouldn't care, they'd just waive the player and pay the one way salary, but the Coyotes are not rich.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Don't we historically carry 8 D? Of course that likely changes now with the farm team not being on the other side of the country.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Don't we historically carry 8 D? Of course that likely changes now with the farm team not being on the other side of the country.

I think that's primarily been for circumstances that weren't ideal.

Z being Day to day half of last year. The whole Rundblad/Gormley thing. Tinordi sitting around doing nothing. Throwing stuff at the wall via trade and seeing what sticks like Moore/Dahlbeck Or having spare parts types around like Campbell/Grossmann.

If you go back to say the lockout season, they didn't carry 8 as often.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Just read that Barrie and O'Reilly have the same agent. Yeah that's not ending well for Colorado.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Must be something wrong with Colorado. Players don't seem to like playing there.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Must be something wrong with Colorado. Players don't seem to like playing there.

oF0buUc.jpg

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Dumbest team in the league in terms of player evaluation. They're about the one holdout in terms of analytics. It shows in how Roy coaches (he'd have been fired by someone that understands math) and the players they put up with.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I was at an Avs Wild playoff game a couple years back. Colorado lost game and series because their D couldn't move puck out of their zone when Barrie and Johnson weren't on ice. Now they are going to move Barrie? Wow. GM must have lost cash in Barrie's fathers White Bear real estate debacle in Victoria (great golf course and Len Barrie's house was massive).

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
From the limited articles I read during last season referring to Roy (including Domingue's comments), Roy seems to be the problem, but is that really surprising? :)

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
We should flood all the Yotes social media with requests to play the Kolanos vid at least a few times every game Colorado is here. Would love to see a close up of Roy's face when they do.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
We should flood all the Yotes social media with requests to play the Kolanos vid at least a few times every game Colorado is here. Would love to see a close up of Roy's face when they do.

They don't have the balls to be that edgy. If we were Dallas maybe

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
You really don't need advanced stats to see that Schenn can't skate and players who aren't at least good skaters are going the way of the dodo bird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad